Zoom PodTrak P8 8-Channel Podcasting Production Studio Mixer w/ 6 Mic Preamps
The Zoom PodTrak P8 is easy to use and can handle the most ambitious podcasts. With all the functions you need to record, edit and mix, the PodTrak P8 is your complete podcast studio.
It Speaks Your Language
The P8’s touchscreen display can be set to any one of six languages. Choose from English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Japanese
The P8’s color-coded inputs, outputs, and controls make on-the-fly adjustments a breeze, keeping you focused on the discussion.
This Call Will Be Recorded
The P8 features a dedicated channel for recording phone calls. Channel six can be switched to USB mode to record your guests from your computer. Both options include a Mix-Minus feature to prevent echo and feedback for the caller.
On Air Button
When a channel’s ON AIR is disabled, you can still hear the tracks through your headphones, but they won’t be recorded, or go through speakers or USB. Helpful when having sidebar conversations or prepping your guests during breaks.
Use the optional Zoom BTA-2* Bluetooth Adapter to wirelessly connect your phone to record remote guests.
Added Production Value
Make your podcast sound professional by triggering sound effects, intro music, jingles, pre-recorded interviews and more, with nine multi-colored sound pads. Choose from 13 pre-loaded sounds or load your own. Create up to four banks of sounds for a total of 36 sound clips at your fingertips.
Take Your Studio With You
When recording outside the studio, the P8 provides up to two hours of recording with four AA batteries, or connect a USB power supply for extended use.
A USB-C port allows the PodTrak P8 to function as an audio interface when connected to a computer for recording and live streaming.
- 4.3" Color LCD touchscreen display. Select from English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
- Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
- Six mic inputs with XLR connectors and optional phantom power
- Individual volume sliders, mute buttons and “on air” indicators for each channel
- Dedicated channel for recording remote interviews
- Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback from callers phone
- Nine assignable Sound Pads with four banks
- 13 pre-loaded sounds including applause, laugh track and more
- Six headphone outputs with individual volume controls let everyone hear clearly
- Onboard editing
- 2-input, 2-output USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Battery power provides up to two hours of use with four AA batteries
- Up to two hours of use with four AA batteries or use the included AD-14 AC power adapter
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- 16-bit /44.1kHz audio in WAV format
- Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth Adapter enables wireless call recording
What’s in the Box
- PodTrak P8
- AD-14 AC Adapter
- Quick Guide
- INPUTS & OUTPUTS
- NUMBER OF INPUT CHANNELS: Mic inputs: 6 (mono) Smartphone input: 1 (stereo)
- NUMBER OF OUTPUT CHANNELS: 2 (6 headphones and L/R speaker outputs)
- Type: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- Input gain: 0 + 70 dB
- Input impedance: XLR：3 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +5 dBu (@0dBFS)
- Phantom power: +48 V
- SMARTPHONE CONNECTION JACK:
- Type: TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING 1: R, RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
- Input impedance: 3 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +2.5 dBu
- USB Type-C (audio interface and mass storage functions).
- • Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Type: 3.5mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: 20 mW + 20 mW @32 Ω
- Output impedance: 27 Ω
- SPEAKER OUTPUT:
- Type: TRS jacks (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +5.5 dBu
- Output impedance: 320 Ω
- AC ADAPTER
- Power supply connector for AD-14
- Format: WAV 44.1kHz, 16-bit, mono/stereo
- Recording media:
- 4–32 GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification (class 10 or higher)
- 64–512 GB cards compatible with the SDXC specification (class 10 or higher)
- Audio interface: 44.1 kHz、16-bit、6 in / 2 out
- Frequency response: -1.0 dB: 20 Hz ～ 20 kHz @44.1 kHz
- Equivalent input noise: EIN -124 dBu (IHF-A) @+70 dB, 150 Ω input
- Display: 4.3" (480×272) full-color touchscreen LCD
- Power supply: 4 AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH) AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14): DC 5 V/1 A (supports USB bus power)
- Estimated continuous operation time using batteries
- Recording 44.1kHz/16-bit/4ch audio to SD card (when +48 V is OFF and headphone impedance is 32 Ω)Alkaline batteries: About 2 hours
- NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3.5 hours Lithium batteries: about 6.5 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 6.5 hours•
- The above values are approximate
- Power consumption: 5 W
- External dimensions: 295 mm (W) × 248 mm (D) × 61 mm (H)
- Weight (unit only): 1.43 kg