Yamaha EAD10 Drum Module Bundle with Mic and DT-50S Trigger
Mic your drums in seconds - attach the EAD10 to any acoustic drum, and you'll have a high-quality stereo image of the entire acoustic kit in seconds. The EAD10 intuitively and instantly transforms acoustic drum sounds with studio-quality digital effects and sampled sounds. Create stunning audio and video and easily share it directly from your mobile device.
The sensor unit of the EAD10 comprises a specially developed XY stereo microphone sensor and trigger sensors, allowing you to capture a balanced recording of the entire kit by placing this at the center of the kit itself.
The microphone capsule is a newly-developed microphone that comes equipped with the ultra-high sound pressure resistance and strong noise resistance suitable for recording drums. The entire sensor unit, including the grill that covers the microphone capsule, incorporates an acoustical design that allows for the adjustment of directivity and frequency characteristics. The preamplifier is equipped with custom parts, and the mic itself is designed to draw out the maximum dynamic range of a drum kit while achieving the balance ideal for recording, allowing for clear, dynamic sounds.
Additionally, the range of sounds that can be created has been greatly expanded, using the trigger sensor to combine bass drum sounds with a PCM sound source.
The EAD10 has achieved both simplicity and quality by combining technologies that can only be developed by a comprehensive manufacturer.
The Main Unit
The main unit of EAD10 is designed with ease of use in mind.
The left side of the main unit comes equipped with large knobs that can easily be adjusted mid-performance, so that the main control functions like volume and preset scene can be accessed easily. LED indicators have been added to the preset scene controls of reverb, effect, and trigger to make them more visible. This allows for understanding of current settings as well as quick and intuitive adjustment on even the darkest of stages. The buttons and LCD display on the right allow for even more detailed adjustments.
Additionally, a high-performance headphone amplifier was also developed specifically for this unit, and delivers power and performance that cannot be outdone by the dynamic sounds of acoustic drums.
It also comes equipped with many high-quality effects and PCM sound sources used in Yamaha electronic musical instruments. Furthermore, by using the trigger sensing technology from electronic drums, it creates added value for acoustic drums, making them into a completely new musical instrument.
Mechanism of the EAD10
The EAD10 can capture the sounds of an entire drum kit and monitor them at a high quality just by attaching the sensor to the bass drum. By simply turning the knob on the module, you can control various effects and change the drum sound.
Connect with Smart Device/App
The EAD10 can be played with your favorite music from smart devices via an AUX cable or USB cable connection.
Using the free Android/iOS Rec'n'Share app, you can practice by adding a metronome to your favorite music, record audio, record video, edit, and upload to SNS right from your drum kit. Also, if you have a USB flash drive, you can record your own drum performance for up to 90 minutes.
EAD10 with Live Scene
Quickly add your drums to the mix with just two cables.
Add Trigger & Pad
The EAD10 can connect to a maximum of six triggers and pads, including the bass drum trigger of the sensor, to augment your kit with percussion, electronic sounds and loops and expand the range of expression.
A player's voice can be captured by the microphone of the unit sensor by operating the Mic button on the module or by using the pedal. This makes it perfect for video creation and web lessons.
Using the EAD10 with a Mesh Drum Kit
Combining the EAD10 with a low-volume drum kit using mesh heads and low-volume cymbals, leads to the birth of an entirely new drum kit. Playing PCM sound with triggers attached to each drum and capturing the raw sound of the cymbal from the sensor, allows a low-volume experience while realistic drum sounds are output through the headphones and speakers. Settings resembling that of a real drum kit lend themselves to the production of a performance that feels more real than ever before and is easily recorded with the module or Rec'n'Share app.
Attached to your acoustic drums, the DT-50 Series professional drum triggers provide accurate triggering while maintaining the natural feel and sustain of your acoustic drums. The sleek chrome finish and durable solid die-cast solid metal body provide a tour level quality with a professional look. The dual-trigger snare trigger facilitates complete isolation between Head & Rim for dual- zone triggering.
- Solid metal di-cast body for the ultimate in durability
- Chrome finish and Yamaha Absolute lug-style design provides a clean, professional look
- DT-50S features dual trigger capability with complete isolation between head and rim triggering
- Small footprint and soft material for the head contact does not impede the acoustic drum sound
- DT-50S sits firmly on the drum and both DT triggers easily secure with the thumb screw
- DXT-50S can also be used for toms
- Size/Weight (Trigger Module)
- Width: 260 mm (main unit), 76 mm (sensor unit)
- Height: 63 mm (main unit), 88 mm (sensor unit)
- Depth: 138 mm (main unit), 78 mm (sensor unit)
- Weight: 654 g (main unit), 464 g (sensor unit)
- Tone generator
- Scenes: Preset: 50 User: 200
- Reverb: 11
- Effects: Mic: 21, Trigger: 10
- Trigger Sounds
- Tone generator: AWM2
- Maximum polyphony: 64
- Voices: 757
- Recording time
- Internal memory: Approx. 1 min 30 sec
- USB flash drive: Approx. 90 min/file
- Recording Format
- Record/playback: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)
- Recording time
- Audio Files
- Import limit: Up to 100
- Playback sample format: 44.1 kHz
- Wave memory: 32 MB
- Maximum loadable sample size: 1 mono sample: 1.75 MB, 1 stereo sample: 3.5 MB
- sample format: WAV (16 bit)
- Tempo: 30−300 BPM, tap tempo function
- Time signatures: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, 1/16 to 16/16
- Subdivisions: Accents, quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, and eighth-note triplets
- Functions: Trigger sensitivity adjustment, USB audio/MIDI, headphone EQ, metronome, auto power off
- Connectors: DC IN (12 V), PHONES (standard stereo phone), AUX IN (stereo mini), OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard mono phone), USB TO DEVICE, USB TO
- Sensor Unit
- For Trigger sensor: A (standard stereo phone)
- For Mic sensor: B (standard stereo phone)
- Trigger input
- Stereo (L: trigger, R:trigger): 1 KICK/2 (also serves as A), 3 SNARE/4 (standard stereo phone)
- Three-zone (L: trigger, R: rim switch): 5, 6 (standard stereo phone)
- Foot Pedal: FOOT SW (standard stereo phone)
- Sensor outputs
- For Trigger sensor: A (standard phone)
- For Mic sensor: B (standard stereo phone)
- Sensor Types
- Microphone: High SPL mic × 2
- Trigger: Exclusive for bass drum × 1
- Included accessories: Owner’s manual, PA-150 (or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), module holder, module holder wing bolts (× 2), connector cables (1 pair), cable bands (× 3), adhesive cushions (× 2)
- Body Material: Metal Die-cast
- Width: 45 mm
- Height: 91 mm
- Depth: 78~92 mm
- Weight: 260 g
- Included Accessories: Stereo phone cable x 1
- Connectors Output: Standard stereo phone (L: Head / R: Rim)
- Application: Snare / TomTom / Floor Tom
- Pick Up: Dual (Head / Rim)