Vahlbruch 6-PHI-4 Analog Multi-Stage Phase Shifter Phaser Guitar Effects Pedal
The "6-PHI-4" pedal is the latest version of my interpretation of the famous analog JFET phasing which we all love. Its everything you would expect from a classic phaser pedal - but on steroids!
With a carefully matched set of 4 or even 6 new-old-stock 2N5952 transistors, the "6-PHI-4" provides everything from your favorite vintage 4-stage script logo phasing to 6-stage phase swirl with even more depth and vibe, expanding the tonal range into the Univibe and Leslie territory. Because of the hand-selection process and tight matching of the NOS transistors an especially deep and homogenous modulation is achieved, at the same time with a super low level of background noise. Its a very transparent sounding pedal delivering an organic tone you will love.
Unlike most vintage pedals the Vahlbruch "6-PHI-4" has plenty of control ability. The "Speed" and "Intensity" knobs offer a wide range of different phasing sounds. The output volume can be adjusted using the "Volume" control. An extra LED indicates the modulation rate.
This pedal is equipped with our unique Magnetic Transducer Button "MagTraB" switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of "MagTraB" footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! "MagTraB" delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles - many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the "MagTraB" push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
You can choose if the pedal powers up in "on" or "bypass" state.
To change the state:
- Step 1: Unplug the power supply cable.
- Step 2: Hold down on/off "MagTraB" button.
- Step 3: Plug in again the power supply cable.
- Step 4: Release on/off "MagTraB"" button.
DONE! The next time your pedal powers up it will automatically start in the other state.
- Unique Magnetic Transducer Buttom "MagTraB" switching technology
- Toggle switch to select 4 or even 6 stage phasing sounds.
- Hand-selected NOS transistors for a deep and homogenous modulation curve
- Super low noise
- "Volume" knob controls the pedal volume and can also boost the output
- "Speed" regulates the modulation rate
- "Depth" can be used to adjust the depth of the modulation
- Continously pulsating LED indicates the speed of modulation
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 40mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included), polarity: positiv@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 115mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 240g
- Handmade in Germany