Universal Audio SC-1 Large-Diaphragm Standard Condenser Microphone with Hemisphere Mic Modeling
Get the Sounds of the World's Most Famous Mics
With the SC-1 microphone and Hemisphere mic modeling, you'll capture album-ready vocals and instruments with the authentic sound and character of the most popular studio mics ever made — all with a single pro-quality condenser.
- Get the sounds of the world's most famous studio condenser mics from Neumann, Sony, AKG, and more*
- Shape the sound of your recordings using filter, proximity, and axis controls — even after tracking
- Enjoy smooth, professional recordings with SC-1’s ultra-linear circuit and extended dynamic range
- Enjoy years of uncompromising recordings with genuine UA craftsmanship
Record Pro Vocals and Instruments
The SC-1 gives you classic condenser sound perfect for vocals, acoustic guitar, strings, even a loud guitar cab thanks to its high SPL handling. Plus, its ultra-linear circuit and extended dynamic range ensure distortion-free results in both low and high frequencies, giving you smooth results, everytime.
Authentic Mic Modeling Made Simple
Using the same award-winning tech as our UA Sphere modeling microphones, the included Hemisphere mic modeling plug-in gives your studio the authentic sound of essential condensers from Neumann, Sony, AKG, and more — in realtime with Apollo or natively in your DAW.* You can also shape the sound of your recordings using filter, proximity, and axis controls — even after tracking.
Enjoy a Studio Workhorse for Years to Come
With a sleek, modern design and rugged build quality, the SC-1 will give you decades of uncompromising recordings, no matter what you put in front of it.
*Hemisphere plug-in available upon product registration. Hemisphere for UAD and Apollo Realtime available early November 2023. All trademarks are property of their respective owners and used only to represent the microphones and sound treatment modeled as part of the Hemisphere software.
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: -39 dB (0 dB = 1V/Pa @ 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Phantom power requirements
- 48 VDC
- 3 mA (typical)
- Self Noise: 12 dB
- Maximum SPL: 145 dB (1% T.H.D. @ 1 kHz)
- Connector: 3-Pin XLRM
- Included Accessory: Mic mount, 5/8” to 3/8” thread adapter, UA carrying case
- Dimensions: 6.4” (162 mm) length, 2.36" 2” (52 mm) diameter
- Weight: 0.8 lbs (363 g)