Tech 21 SansAmp Character Plus Series Screaming Blonde Amp Emulator Guitar Effects Pedal
The original SansAmp Character Series was introduced in 2008. These pedals commemorated a range of eras within specific amplifier personalities, of which there were 8 in total. By simply twisting a few knobs, you could build the most sought-after tones and hot rod your own. From rare vintage classics to roaring modern icons, every variation was delivered in their own distinctive voicings.
We wanted to broaden the range of tonal options and took that concept a step further to include additional building blocks. Because there’s a certain chemistry between specific pairings that will forever be a part of history. Think Ralph & Alice. Fred & Wilma. Lucy & Ricky. Abbott & Costello. Bonnie & Clyde. They all made a lot of noise and they all had a lot of fun!
With an abundance of knob controls, the 2-channel Character Plus Series pedals are easy to use and feature our proprietary, 100% analog SansAmp technology. You can explore and tailor various eras within each amp style simply by turning a knob. Each continuously-variable Character control sweeps through an entire tonal range, spanning decades of sounds. The Character, EQ controls and speaker simulation are individually voiced to reflect the specific personality traits inherent in each amp style.
Additionally, each of these multi-function pedals is like having a stompbox within a stompbox. (BOGO anyone?) You can use the amp emulation on its own or just the effect on its own.
The Character Plus Series pedals offer significant flexibility and value at a nominal price. Whether you’re frugal or extravagant, you can focus on the one that is your personal favorite or collect them all –and trade them with your friends!Applications:
- As a stompbox with an amp
- As a pre-amp to drive a power amp
- Direct to a mixer of a PA
- Record direct to your computer
- 1/4-inch 1megOhm instrument level input
- 1/4-inch unbalanced low Z universal output
- Balanced low Z XLR output
- Below 12 o’clock are in the Black and Silver Face family. When clean, there’s a soft midrange with a nice top-end sparkle. Driven, the tone moves to a warmer low-end breakup.
- Around 12 o’clock brings you into Blonde territory with more of everything –more lows, more mids and more highs.
- Above 12 o’clock moves things into the Tweed era with a pronounced midrange bark.
- Full up gives you lead boosted tones.
- OVERDRIVE to adjust the overall amount of drive. Highly interactive with the level of your guitar.
- TONE with specialized voicing for adjusting the high-end and mid-range.