Sennheiser e 965 Multi-Pattern Condenser Handheld Stage Vocal Microphone
The e 965 is Sennheiser's first large-diaphragm, true condenser handheld microphone. The innovative 1" dual-diaphragm capsule means you can access both cardioid and super-cardioid polar patterns with the flip of a switch. Ideal for every vocal application, the e 965 truly combines the sensitivity of a world-class studio condenser with the ruggedness our customers demand from a Sennheiser evolution stage microphone.
Dynamic or condenser? That is the question…
Most will tell you that a dynamic vocal microphone is the best option when on stage or in a live environment, and in many cases they wouldn’t be wrong. But with a little mic technique and some basic audio engineering, condenser vocal microphones quickly become the clear choice for those that want the most natural reproduction of their voice. While dynamic microphone capsules tend to be a bit more durable by design, condenser microphone capsules are far more sensitive and can do a much better job at reproducing their sound source.
Different polar patterns for different performances
As a result of their increased sensitivity, condenser vocal microphones are more susceptible to bleed from other sound sources on stage. That is where switchable polar patterns come into play. The e 965 features the option to use a cardioid polar pattern for instances like a solo performance, and a super-cardioid polar pattern for performances with a full band where a bit more rejection from the instruments to either side is needed.
More features for a cleaner sound
The e 965 also comes equipped with additional tools that help improve the quality of your sound and ultimately improve the quality of your performance. A low-cut filter switch allows you more control of the room by reducing low-end ambient noise, right from the mic itself. An integrated shock mount decouples the capsule from the body of the microphone which significantly decreases handling noise when moving around on stage. Lastly, a switchable -10dB pad is provided for those that have powerful voices and could use a little less sensitivity to prevent the mic from clipping when they’re at their loudest.
- Switchable pick-up pattern (cardioid/super-cardioid)
- Low-cut switch, which reduces ambient noise, rumble , and wind noise
- Switchable pre-attenuation (-10 dB) accommodates singers with powerful voices
- Capsule shock-mount efficiently rejects handling noise for superbly clear sound
- Excellent protection against moisture
- Astounding frequency response of 40-20,000 Hz
- An unbeatable 10-year warranty!
- Frequency response: 40 - 20.000 Hz
- Weight: 396 g
- Microphone connector: XLR-3
- Membrane : Ø 25.4 mm/1"
- Micro : Ø 48 mm
- Nominal impedance: 50 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ω
- Phantom powering: 48 V/ 3,5 mA
- Operating temperature: 0°C - +40°C
- Equivalent noise level: 21 dB (A)
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive): 142 dB (152 dB) (with preattenuation)
- Overall depth: 199 mm