Sadowsky MetroLine 22-Fret Will Lee Artist Line 5-String Bass, Red Alder Body, Solid Black High Polish
Roger Sadowsky's goal was always to further improve an already very successful bass design by making a number of detailed improvements. Along with the electronics, which he developed by himself, he succeeded to raise the well-known J/J bass sound to a new level, so today you can speak of a typical Sadowsky tone: Never harsh or shrill sounding, with strong, powerful but never muddy bass, with present, but not too aggressive mids, and a sweet and airy treble range. All features of this modern bass sound can also be found on the MetroLine artist model of Will Lee, one of the best and most requested bass players in the world (David Letterman Show, Horace Silver, George Benson, Bette Middler and many more). The 5-string version – seen here in Solid Black High Polish finish, features a sleek undersized J-Style red alder body, a J/J pickup configuration, active electronics with true bypass, a custom made preamp according to the specifications of Will Lee with added mid-boost (500 and 800 Hz) to get more punch, Vintage Tone Control, treble and bass boost, ultralight Hipshot tuners and the special Sadowsky bridge for quick string release. The neck with a smaller profile is fitted with a fingerboard made of Morado - also known as Pau Ferro. This artist model is made exclusively in Germany. All basses are lightweighted with approximately 8.4 pounds. A good choice for bass players who are looking for a lightweight solution for the stage in addition to a modern bass sound.
- Sadowsky MetroLine 22-Fret Will Lee Artist Line Bass
- right hand version
- 5-string electric bass
- 34" (864 mm) long scale
- bolt-on construction
- American Red Alder body
- Maple neck
- Morado fingerboard
- 12" fingerboard radius
- Sadowsky Just-A-Nut III nut
- 1 3/4" (44.5 mm) nut width
- 22 nickel silver frets (width: 0.094" (2.4 mm) / height: 0.051" (1.3 mm))
- passive Sadowsky hum-cancelling J-Style pickup (neck)
- passive Sadowsky hum-cancelling J-Style pickup in 60s position (bridge)
- Custom Will Lee Peamp (on/off mid-boost, choice of 500 Hz or 800 Hz, wide or narrow bandwidth)
- controls for Volume / Balance / Vintage Tone Control (P/P) / Treble and Bass (stacked)
- mid-boost switch
- push/pull function at VTC knob for preamp bypass
- Sadowsky Light machine heads with open gear
- Sadowsky S-security locks
- Sadowsky bridge with quick string release
- chrome hardware
- Sadowsky Blue Label 045 - 130 strings
- Solid Black High Polish finish
- tortoise pickguard
- incl. hex key tools and individual Certificate of Authenticity
- incl. Sadowsky Portabag (SAC BAG BASS PORTA)
- made in Germany
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sadowsky. This MetroLine is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.