Roland V-Drums TD-07KVX 5-Piece Electronic Drum Set with 12" Snare
The Ultimate Model in the TD-07 Series, with VH-10 Floating Hi-Hat and Best-Ever Cymbals
The TD-07KVX is the pinnacle of Roland’s TD-07 V-Drums series, offering the ultimate complement of pads and cymbals to satisfy the most demanding drummers. This top-tier kit has the largest cymbal pads in the lineup, with a separately mounted VH-10 floating hi-hat, an uprated CY-12C crash, and a large 13-inch CY-13R ride that let you reach your true potential. You also get the PDX-12 snare and three PDX-8 toms, backed with the unrivaled feel of our original ultra-quiet, double-ply mesh heads. And, as with all TD-07 kits, the powerful TD-07 module lets the TD-07KVX eclipse traditional drums, with deep editing tools for crafting custom kits, Bluetooth® for audio playback from your phone, tablet, or computer, and one-cable USB connectivity to music recording software.
The New Generation of V-Drums
For more than two decades, Roland’s V-Drums have forged a reputation as the electronic kits of choice, with tone and feel that puts everything else in the shade. Imitated but never bettered, the V-Drums philosophy is to offer an utterly lifelike digital recreation of a traditional acoustic kit, along with cutting-edge features that are only possible through advanced technology. Now, the TD-07KVX expands the V-Drums story, giving serious drummers best-in-class expression with a floating hi-hat, large cymbals, and mesh-head snare and tom pads.
Drum Sounds That Go Deeper Than You Expect
Behind every serious electronic drum set is the processing power of a great sound module, and the TD-07 is the ideal complement to the pro hardware of your TD-07KVX. Mix and match from a bank of acoustic drums, electronic drums, and percussion types, all recorded at some of the world’s greatest studios. Then start playing and hear every sound come to life, powered by the advanced V-Drums technology that catches the character and behavior of each instrument.
Power Up and Play—or Create Your Personal Drum Collection
Setting up fast and offering instantly playable preset kits, the TD-07 module is always ready to go. And when you want to dig deeper, your own personal drum collection awaits. Road-test snares and toms, replace kick drumheads and beaters, or specify the flavor of your crashes and rides. Then get into the finer points of your setup—tuning the drums, adding damping, or finding out how the kit sounds when played in different physical spaces. Finally, tweak the EQ settings of each drum so they match the musical scenario, just like a seasoned professional drummer would do.
Practice Whenever It Suits You
Acoustic drum kits are noisy by nature, and even certain electronic kits can cause a disturbance due to the contact noise of sticks on pads. But as the culmination of Roland’s decades of R&D, the TD-07KVX is designed to be far quieter than any other digital kit. Strike our mesh heads with intent and enjoy natural stick rebound with minimal pad noise. Stomp the kick pad and notice how the special damping cuts noise and vibration while retaining a satisfying, natural feel. Even the drum stand is designed to minimize the amount of vibration and noise transferring to the floor, while Roland’s extensive range of noise-reducing equipment is always an optional extra if you need to go quieter still.
The Closest Thing to Acoustic Tone
Play some digital kits and you’ll hear a series of static drum tones, with none of the organic response that defines an acoustic drum. The TD-07KVX’s pads and cymbals are different by design, working in harmony with the TD-07 module to deliver a rich and reactive spectrum of tonal colors that truly reflect what you just played. Our precision sensors accurately capture every hit, stroke, roll, flam, cymbal choke, and ghost note—no matter how hard or soft—and then relay them to the module at lightning speed. Just as important, this technology is invisible during your drum sessions—simply count in and let it all happen.
The Mesh-Head Pads That Started a Revolution
Back in 1997, Roland transformed the digital drum market with the debut of the world’s first mesh drumheads. This unique dual-layer mesh design gives stick resistance and rebound worthy of a great acoustic drumhead, and the authenticity even extends to finer details like adjustable tension using a standard drum key. You’ll only get that lifelike feel and sensing speed with a Roland mesh head. And it’s not only the mesh heads that revolutionize the playing experience—the VH-10 hi-hat, CY-12C crash, and CY-13R ride shimmer and swing like your favorite acoustic cymbals too.
The Toughest Stand and Hardware for Hard-Hitting Parts
During a heavy-hitting session, it’s vital to have a stand that remains rock solid and drums that don’t slip and slide. Designed around the strongest materials and highest-quality components, the TD-07KVX is a robust kit that lets you play long sets with confidence. Power through your performance knowing that the custom drum stand will provide a stable foundation. Hit harder and rely on precision clamps that lock every component in place. Let the music lead your movement—and trust the TD-07KVX to keep delivering for years to come.
The Bluetooth Drum Kit That Becomes Your Backing Band
Practice sessions become interactive with the TD-07KVX and Bluetooth technology. For instant jam sessions with your favorite songs and bands, simply choose a tune on your phone, tablet, or computer, then wirelessly stream the audio through the sound module and drum along. For playing along with online songs or lessons, you can transmit video sound too. And if your device doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can still get involved—just connect a stereo audio cable to bring in the sound. MIDI over Bluetooth is also supported for cable-free recording of MIDI data in music apps.
Practice Smarter with 40 Free Lessons from Melodics
Melodics™ is a desktop app that lets you tackle step-by-step lessons and tracks, perfect new beats, refine your rhythm and timing, and self-assess your performances with the record/playback feature. You get 40 free lessons to revisit whenever you need a refresher, and when you outgrow them, you can subscribe for unlimited tutorials that will keep your skills on the move. With the TD-07KVX and Melodics, repetitive practice gives way to interactive sessions that light a fire under your drum technique.
Coach Mode—Your Biggest Supporter
Drumming is most satisfying when you really nail the timing and the beat is tight. Getting there takes practice, but there’s help built into the TD-07 to guide you on the journey. Coach mode challenges you with a range of exercises that improve timing and accuracy, along with a scoring system to keep it fun. And the onboard metronome provides a rock-solid timing partner to develop your inner rhythm clock, which is the surest way to mark your progress.
The Hassle-Free Recording Interface for Home Producers
Outshining the capabilities of a traditional drum kit, the TD-07 module is also a recording interface that’s able to send stereo audio and MIDI data to a Mac or Windows computer via a single USB cable. Record discrete audio and MIDI drum tracks in your favorite music production software, or trigger sounds in software-based drum instruments for studio or live performance. If you want to add live-sounding drums to your music recordings, expand your home production studio with the power of the TD-07KVX.
- TD-07 module with 25 preset kits, 25 user kits, and 143 instruments
- V-Edit, EQ, ambience, and 30 multi-effects offer deep editing tools to create your perfect drum kit sounds
- Snare and tom pads with Roland’s legendary double-ply, tension-adjustable mesh drumheads
- One PDX-12 12-inch snare pad with independent head and rim zones for assigning different sounds and three PDX-8 8-inch single-zone tom pads
- KD-10 kick pad offers realistic rebound and beater feel while minimizing noise and vibration
- CY-12C-BK 12-inch crash and CY-13R-BK ride cymbals with choke support
- VH-10 floating 10-inch hi-hat cymbal that mounts on an acoustic hi-hat stand
- Four-post drum rack stand with metal construction and sturdy clamps with strong grip
- Integrated Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream sound from smartphones, tablets, and other Bluetooth devices and send MIDI data to music apps
- Advanced built-in metronome with the ability to adjust time signature, note value, and click tone
- Onboard Coach function provides interactive tools to build timing skills and track progress
- USB for recording audio and MIDI data to computer music software
- Support for kit expansion with a second crash cymbal (CY-8 V-Cymbal and MDY-Standard cymbal arm sold separately)
- Kit configuration (*1)
- Kick: KD-10
- Snare: PDX-12
- Hi-hat: VH-10
- Tom: PDX-8 x 3 *2
- Crash: CY-12C-BK
- Ride: CY-13R-BK
- Drum stand: MDS-COMPACT x 1 (included in U.S. only)
- Drum kits
- 50 (Preset: over 20)
- Effect Types
- Pad Equalizer: each pad
- Overhead Mic Simulator
- Multi-Effects: 1 system, 30 types
- Coach functions (5 modes)
- Time check (easy)
- Time check (hard)
- Quiet count
- Auto up/down
- Tempo (20--260)
- Rhythm type (5 types)
- Sounds (15 types)
- Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
- Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- 16 characters x 2 lines LCD (with backlight)
- OUTPUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
- TRIGGER INPUT connector: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Hi-hat, Crash 1, Crash 2, Ride, Hi-hat control)
- USB COMPUTER
- Speed: Hi-speed USB
- Driver mode: Generic, Vender
- Protocol: USB MIDI, USB Audio *3
- USB Audio
- Sampling Rate (original): 44.1 kHz
- Sampling Rate (with sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- Record: 2 channels
- Playback: 2 channels
- Power supply
- AC adaptor (DC 12 V)
- Current draw
- 250 mA
- Setup Guide
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Special connection cable
- Options (sold separately)
- Personal drum monitor: PM series
- V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- V-Drums mat: TDM series
- Noise eater: NE series
- Size & Weight
- 1,300 (W) x 1,100 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
- 51-3/16 (W) x 43-5/16 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches (including sound module, kick pad, kick pedal and drum throne)
- 20.9 kg / 46 lbs 2 oz