Roland JUNO-DS76 76-Key Synthesizer Keyboard with Velocity-Sensitive Keys
Lightweight 76-note performance synth with great sounds and intuitive operation for bands expanding their musical range.
Life moves fast as an upcoming musician or ambitious new band. When you’re racing between rehearsals, sessions, and shows, you don’t have time to deal with a bulky, complex synth that’s difficult to use. The Roland JUNO-DS76 is the portable modern synth that can keep up with your busy band life. Lightweight, compact, and powerful, this 76-note instrument is always ready to go, with easy operation and instant access to pro onboard sounds that let you create or perform music anywhere, from studio to stage. And with its extended-range keyboard, the JUNO-DS76 is ideally suited for playing advanced arrangements with multiple sounds split across the keys.
Express yourself with professional sounds and extended keyboard range.
To extend your musical range on stage, you need the right instrument. The JUNO-DS76 is equipped with a huge variety of ready-to-play pro sounds for any genre, and features an expressive 76-note keyboard for maximizing your performance style. The wider keyboard range make it more comfortable to use split setups, such as playing organ or synth sounds with the right hand and a bass sound with the left. The keys are also a little longer than a standard synth keyboard, providing a playing feel that’s smooth and consistent no matter where you press a key.
Own the stage, hit the studio, play in the street.
When your band is ready to take on the world, there’s nothing worse than a cumbersome synth that ties you to the bedroom. From stage to studio and back, the streamlined JUNO-DS76 is ready to go anywhere you play. With its compact, lightweight design and speedy setup, this synth takes hectic schedules in stride, letting you dart from a last-minute band rehearsal to a make-or-break gig, then across town for a late-night recording session. Clubs, pubs, and even street gigs are all feasible, thanks to optional battery power. In an industry that moves fast, the JUNO-DS76 keeps you running at the front of the pack.
Find the right sound instantly from a choice of pro onboard sounds.
It’s frustrating when the band adds a new song to the set and you can’t find the right sound in your synth. The JUNO-DS76 has the pro onboard sounds to keep you covered, whatever genre comes up next. Instantly choose your favorites from nine categories, and with over 1,000 sounds that include acoustic and electric pianos, organs, and synth, there’s enough choice to cover any musical genre or performance style. What’s more, the patches from the previous-generation JUNO-Di synth are fully compatible too. Just think of a sound and it’s right there at your fingertips with the JUNO-DS76.
Create your signature sound with intuitive hands-on editing.
Some synths make you stick with the factory settings, which can leave your music sounding a little generic. But the JUNO-DS76 is wide open, allowing your unique creative vision to shine. The instant-access design lets you call up pro sounds in seconds. But even if this is your first synth, it’s simple to dig into an array of adjustable parameters and develop your own voice. In Performance mode, you can set up advanced sounds like layering strings with acoustic piano, or assigning organ and bass to your right and left hands respectively. Create and tweak patches quickly, and shape sounds during a song with hands-on controls. You can even connect expression pedals via the rear panel to take your performance expression to the next level.
Keep your music up to date with free downloadable sounds.
As your band gets adventurous and your playing evolves, it’s vital to have a synth that will keep up with your ambition. The JUNO-DS76’s onboard sounds and editing capabilities are just the beginning—this modern instrument also supports internal waveform expansion via USB, bringing the best synth sounds from the web into your performances. It’s easy to get started, with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection preloaded in the wave expansion slot. Then choose your favorites from over 1000 EXP patches available as free downloads at Roland’s Axial website. You’ll find top-quality acoustic piano collections, world instruments, go-to studio standards, percussion, and loops. It’s even possible to load in WAV files from your own sound library and play them from the keyboard. Using the free JUNO-DS Librarian software, you can easily manage your growing sound collection right from your computer.
Enjoy solo jam sessions with realistic-sounding drums, guitar, and bass backing.
Just because your bandmates aren’t available to rehearse, that doesn’t stop you from honing your skills with a jam session. Using the JUNO-DS76’s eight Phrase Pads, you can add instant beats under your keyboard parts or copy MP3/WAV audio data to USB memory and play along with full-band backing. When your shows need more dynamics, the Phrase Pads also function as a live sampler. Just load them up with anything from sound effects to loops, and then trigger them with a quick touch during the gig.
Eight-track pattern sequencer takes you from spark to finished song.
When songwriting inspiration strikes, you need to catch it fast, and complicated gear can kill the moment. The simple-to-use JUNO-DS76 is the songwriter’s best friend—when you have an idea for a song or beat, you can easily capture and develop it with the onboard pattern sequencer. The intuitive, non-stop operation won’t interrupt your creative flow, letting you build up full arrangements with multiple sounds in a flash. It’s a great tool for live work too, letting you enhance performances with pre-made backing music and on-the-fly looping.
Stand out from the crowd with unique vocal effects.
If you’re a solo performer or singer/songwriter, you’ll love the JUNO-DS76’s mic input, which lets you get great vocal sounds without having to carry around extra gear. There’s a dedicated vocal reverb, plus Auto Pitch for singing with the “stepped” electronic vocal effect popular in today’s music. The built-in vocoder is inspirational too, allowing you to sing into a mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard.
Everything you need to connect to your DAW and start making music.
As a modern musician, you’ll do most of your recording using a DAW. The JUNO-DS76 has everything you need to integrate with your computer and production software, with no other external gear required. The integrated USB interface provides a solid front end for a mobile or studio recording setup, allowing you to record MIDI and audio data, including sounds from the keyboard’s mic input. There’s even a dedicated DAW Control mode for controlling your music software from the synth’s front panel. With the JUNO-DS76, it’s never been simpler to get your songs completed and ready for release.
- 76-note velocity-sensitive keyboard with synth action
- Compact and lightweight (15.25 lb./6.9 kg) for easy travel and effortless setup
- Gig-ready instrument with pro sounds, enhanced performance features, battery-powered operation, and intuitive navigation
- Instant access to essential pro-quality sounds for live band
- performances, including acoustic and electric pianos, organs, synths, and other stage favorites
- Wave expansion slot enables users to download new sound waveforms and patches, available for free at Roland’s Axial website
- Sample import function for playing user WAV files on the keyboard
- Multi-sample import support for creating complex and expressive sounds
- JUNO-DS Tone Manager and Librarian software for editing and managing the keyboard’s sounds from your computer
- Easy sound manipulation and editing with hands-on knobs and sliders
- Eight Phrase Pads for triggering samples and audio songs stored on USB memory
- Mic input and dedicated Reverb, Vocoder, and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- Intuitive eight-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- USB audio/MIDI and DAW Control mode
- 76 keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices
- 16 parts
- Preset Memory
- Patches: Over 1200
- Drum kits: Over 30
- Performances: 64
- * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- User Memory
- Patches: 256
- Drum kits: 8
- Performances: 128
- Favorites: 100
- Wave Expansion Slots
- 1 slot
- * The wave expansion slot is rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the JUNO-DS's internal wave memory (slot).
- Sample Import Function
- File Format
- Audio file: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- Supports multi-sample (System Program Ver. 2.00 or later, with JUNO-DS Tone Manager)
- Multi-effects: 3 systems, 80 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 5 types
- Mic input reverb: 8 types
- Audio File Player Section
- File Format
- Audio file: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Rhythm Pattern
- Preset: 30 groups x 8
- Preset: 128
- Pitch bend/Modulation lever
- Control knob x 4
- Level slider x 4
- Multicolor pad x 8
- Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- External Storage Device
- USB flash drive (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory)
- PEDAL HOLD jack
- PEDAL CONTROL jack
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT INPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB MEMORY port
- USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI/AUDIO)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8
- * Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use)
- Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 5 hours (when using batteries having a capacity of 1900 mAh) (approximately 4 hours if USB flash drive is connected)
- * Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- Current Draw
- 600 mA
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12
- Pedal switch: DP series
- Expression pedal: EV-5
- USB flash memory (*2)
- *1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Size and Weight
- 1,231 mm
- 48-1/2 inches
- 311 mm
- 12-1/4 inches
- 102 mm
- 4-1/16 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
- 6.9 kg
- 15 lbs. 4 oz.