Radial StageBug SB-2 Single Channel Passive Instrument DI Direct Box
Passive Direct Box
The StageBug SB-2 is a compact passive direct box that is perfect for active basses and keyboards, is small enough to fit inside an instrument case, and features a stereo to mono mix function to save mixer channels.
Small size and big performance
The compact design begins with a ¼" input and thru-put to feed the on-stage amp. This connects to the custom made Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer which performs the impedance matching and balances the signal. When using extra high output instruments, a -15dB pad can be inserted into the signal path. This enables the SB-2 to be used with active basses and digital pianos that often tend to overload the input side of the interface. An innovative stereo-to-mono merge function provides a convenient way to connect stereo keyboards and computers without having to reset the source for mono operation, saving time and input channels on the PA. The SB-2 output features an XLR wired to the AES standard with pin-2 hot. Once connected, the SB-2 delivers a smooth warm sound reminiscent of older vintage gear. The Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer is magical in its ability to handle extreme signal levels with a natural compression that is pleasing to the ears. The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output. This is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the XLR for quiet, professional results.
Using the SB-2 with Acoustic guitar
Plug your acoustic guitar into the SB-2 Passive and it will smooth out the peaks and warm up your tone with a vintage vibe. The compact design makes it perfect for traveling between gigs.
Using the SB-2 with electric bass
Connect your bass to the StageBug SB-2; send the thru signal to your amp and the output to the PA system. Transformer isolation eliminates nasty hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Using the SB-2 with a keyboard
The Passive SB-2 is a perfect go-to direct box when you need to take the output from a keyboard and send it to the PA system. Input and thru jacks automatically merge the stereo signal to mono to save channels while the SB-2 balances the signal to drive distances of 100 meters (300 feet) without noise!
- Passive DI for bass, acoustic and keyboard
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- Transformer isolation eliminates noise
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB3, 12:1 ratio
- Number of channels: 1
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.5dB)
- Dynamic range: 115dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 3° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 50Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input: +20dB
- Input pad, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 1/4"
- Output Connectors: XLR
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C