Radial JDI Jensen Equipped 1-Channel Passive Instrument DI Direct Box
World's Finest DI
The JDI is a high performance passive direct box for live concert touring and professional studio recording applications, featuring a premium Jensen transformer for exceptional audio performance.
Pure Sound of the Instrument
The Radial JDI is a passive direct box designed to handle extreme signal levels without distortion of any kind. At the heart, the Radial JDI employs the world class Jensen JT-DB-EPC audio transformer delivering a smooth, warm sounding Bessel curve, reminiscent of the finest vintage gear. Ruler flat from 10Hz to 40kHz and with virtually zero phase deviation, the JDI delivers the natural, pure sound of the instrument without artifact. By its no-power passive design, the Radial JDI performs both high-to-low impedance conversion and signal balancing over a magnetic bridge that passes signal while rejecting stray DC voltage. This makes the JDI particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
JDI with Electric Bass
The JDI is often selected for high output bass guitars. It is able to handle huge signal levels without distortion or artifact. On stage it sends the pure sound of the bass to the PA with minimal loading. In studio, it is perfect for recording direct.
JDI with Acoustic Guitar
Most acoustic guitars have built-in preamps that can be peaky. The JDI naturally smoothes out the transients for a warmer tone. And because the JDI is able to handle huge transients, it will not distort. This makes the JDI a great direct box for acoustic guitars.
JDI with Keyboards
Today's digital keyboards are not only very dynamic, some like digital pianos have a tremendously wide frequency response. The Radial JDI is able to withstand excessive signal levels at all frequencies without introducing distortion or phase shift.
- Jensen Transformer equipped passive DI
- Eliminates hum and buzz from ground loops
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion
- Exceptional signal handling and noise rejection
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: JT-DB-EPC
- Number of channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input: +21dB @ 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Input pad, Mono Sum, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, Speaker filter
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x D): 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (703 grams)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.92 lbs (870.9 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C