Radial Engineering SB-1 StageBug Active Phantom Power Guitar/Bass DI Direct Box
The Radial StageBug SB-1 is a super compact direct box that is designed primarily for acoustic guitars. As evident with the tests below, the compact size and streamlined feature set should in no way equate to lesser audio quality. The SB-1 delivers an exceptionally linear frequency response, virtually zero phase shift, and less than 0.005% distortion at all frequencies making the SB1 an ideal interface for all instruments.
The design begins with standard ¼ instrument input with a thru-put to feed your tuner or your on-stage amp. The ultra-quiet active circuit at once converts the signal from high to low impedance to reduce susceptibility to noise. The signal is then buffered and balanced for long cable runs to the PA system. 48 volt phantom provides the power, so the SB-1 does not require batteries or external supply to make it work. You simply plug in and you are ready to go!
- Active direct box for acoustic and passive bass
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- 48V phantom powered, no batteries needed!
- Audio circuit type: Active Buffer with Phase Splitter
- Number of channels: 1
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Gain: +1.3dBu/+4.4dB
- Clip Level: +3.3dBu/+12.3dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.006%
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.01%
- Phase Deviation: 25/12° Maximum
- Input Impedance: 800K/23K
- Output Impedance: 330 Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise: -101dBu
- Noise Floor: -97dBu
- Maximum Input: +2dBu/+8dBu
- Input pad, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 1/4""
- Output Connectors: XLR
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.5"" x 1,85"" x 1.35"" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 8"" x 5"" x 3"" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: 48V phantom power, 5mA
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C