PRS Paul Reed Smith SE Mark Holcomb Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Holcomb Blue Burst
The band Periphery has become a force to be reckoned with in the progressive metal scene thanks to their complex rhythms and soaring melodies. Guitarist Mark Holcomb helps achieve this full, lethal sound with his PRS guitars and signature Seymour Duncan Scarlet and Scourge pickups. PRS and Holcomb have worked closely together to develop a truly unique guitar for the SE Series lineup.
"With my SE signature model, we managed to capture all of the defining characteristics of my Maryland-made guitar and turn it into a streamlined, less-costly package. It is an incredibly special instrument, and one that is now the primary focus of my rig in the studio and onstage." - Mark Holcomb, Periphery
The SE Mark Holcomb model truly stands on its own in the PRS lineup and delivers addictive playability thanks to some unique specifications, including a 24-fret, 25.5” scale length wide thin satin maple neck with 20” radius ebony fretboard. Holcomb’s signature pickups provide the right amount of output and articulation whether you’re playing sophisticated chords or solos and whether you’re playing alone or working in the mix of a band. Other specifications include a quilted maple veneer, black chrome hardware, and a 3-way blade pickup switch with push/pull tone knob for coil splitting.
- Body Construction: Solidbody
- Veneer: Quilted Maple
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Top Carve: Shallow Violin
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Neck Wood: Maple w/ Satin Finish
- Neck Construction: Multi-Ply
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: Wide Thin
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 13/16"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Nut: 1 11/16"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Body: 2 1/4"
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Radius: 20”
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Headstock Logo: Signature "SE"
- Neck/Body Assembly Type: Set
- Bridge: PRS Plate Style (String Through)
- Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners
- Hardware Type: Black Chrome
- Nut: PRS
- Truss Rod Cover: "Mark Holcomb"
- Treble Pickup: Seymour Duncan Mark Holcomb "Scourge"
- Bass Pickup: Seymour Duncan Mark Holcomb "Scarlet"
- Controls: Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Strings: 10-52
- Tuning: Drop-C (6 String): C, G, C, F, A, D
- Case: Gig Bag
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for PRS. This SE is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.