Pioneer PLX-CRSS12 Professional Direct Drive Digital-Analog Hybrid Stereo Record Player / Turntable
Never worry about needle skipping again when you use the PLX-CRSS12 in DVS mode with Serato DJ Pro or rekordbox. The tone-arm-free playback means artists can scratch a real analog record as vigorously as they like without fear of missing a beat. And when they want to play a record the traditional way, they can simply switch the deck to Analog mode and use the tone arm as normal.
The PLX-CRSS12 can adapt to suit the artist style. By adjusting the rotation dial on the included MAGVEL CLAMP, artists can change how “heavy” or “light” the record feels. Artists can also adjust the turntable’s torque level in the utility settings, and there are 3 stopping speeds to choose from.
At first glance, artists will see how the PLX-CRSS12 has been designed for fluid scratching and intuitive performances. And when they look closer, they’ll notice new features that enable a greater level of control and creativity. The battle-style layout leaves plenty of room for scratching and there are 4 MIDI-mappable Performance Pads too. Artists can also keep an eye on crucial information via the OLED display.
As well as the exciting features artists can see, the PLX-CRSS12 includes a host of new additions which are hidden. Various components have been upgraded from the highly respected PLX-1000 professional turntable to create the best-ever analog sound from a Pioneer DJ deck.
Eliminate Skipping in Digital Playback
- The PLX-CRSS12’s tone-arm-free DVS control removes needle skipping in Digital Vinyl mode, no matter how hard the user’s scratch.
- The new MAGVEL CLAMP holds the record firmly in place, enabling it to directly control the digital music file, giving users the true feeling of vinyl without the tonearm.
- When playing analog records, the experience will be just like using the popular PLX-1000.
Customizable to Suit Performer’s Needs
- The MAGVEL CLAMP dial allows users to find the perfect “weight” setting. The amount of torque will be increased or decreased to make the record feel lighter or heavier without changing or adjusting slip mats or slip sheets.
- Users can adjust the turntable’s torque level in the utility settings.
- There are 3 deck-stopping speeds to choose from via a switch on the front of the unit.
Designed for Full Control
- The PLX-CRSS12 combines classic turntable layout elements, with the addition of 4 built-in MIDI-mappable Performance Pads allowing users to select their preferred features. Located below the platter the pads conveniently fire off Hot Cues and samples quicker than ever. There’s native support for various pad modes (see below), and a dedicated button enables users to switch control from pads 1-4 to 5-8. Additionally, the MIDI mappable pads allow users to program each to selected features.
- Native pad mode support
- Serato DJ Pro: Hot Cue, Sampler, Stems, Scratch Bank, Roll, Saved Loop
- rekordbox: Hot Cue, Sampler, Track Separation, Sample Scratch, Pad FX1, Beat Jump
- The built-in OLED display allows performers to easily locate the tempo range and key when Step Pitching with Analog or Digital Vinyl mode. When using Digital Vinyl mode, users can reference BPM, key, deck number information, and the name of the software running.
Evolved, High-Quality Sound
- The PLX-CRSS12 has been carefully built based off the highly acclaimed sound quality of the PLX-1000 professional DJ turntable.
- As with the PLX-1000, the upper part of the chassis is made of high-mass die-cast zinc and the lower part is made of 8 mm (about 0.31 in) thick resin to optimize the chassis structure and vibration-damping materials.
- The use of rubber tubes inside the tone arm has further improved vibration control performance over the PLX-1000.
- The RCA terminals are made of machined gold-plated parts, and the phono signal is directly transmitted through a stable connection with the plug to reproduce the sound of analog records with high-quality audio.
- A switching power supply is used to eliminate transformer power supply vibration and flux leakage while suppressing unwanted noise, creating high-resolution sound quality.
Replaceable MAGVEL CLAMP
Additional clamps are available to buy if users want to take their own set on the road, or if they need to replace a clamp that’s been lost. Users can store the MAGVEL CLAMP neatly in a dedicated area on top of the deck.
Robust and elegant design in matte black color
The PLX-CRSS12 has a matte black color scheme, with special coatings applied to the tone arm and other metal parts, plus carefully crafted details that give it a robust and elegant appearance.
- The PLX-CRSS12 is compatible with Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox.
- By connecting this unit to a PC/Mac with DJ software installed, and to a mixer that supports the DVS function of the respective DJ software, users can start playing in Digital Vinyl mode and use the Performance Pads.
- Power requirements : AC 110 V – 240 V, 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 8 W
- Power consumption (standby): 0.5 W
- Weight: 12.2 kg / 26.9 lb
- Maximum Dimensions (W × D × H): 453 × 353 × 159 mm / 17.8" x 13.9" x 6.3"
- Tolerable operating temperature: +5 °C – +35 °C (+41 °F – +95 °F)
- Tolerable operating humidity: 5% – 85% (no condensation)
- Drive method: Servo type direct drive
- Motor: 3-phase brushless DC motor
- Braking system: Electronic brake
- Rotation speed: 33⅓ rpm, 45 rpm
- Rotation speed adjustment range: ±8%, ±16%, ±50%
- Wow and flutter: 0.15 % or less WRMS (JIS WTD)
- S/N ratio: 65 dB (DIN-B)
- Turntable: Aluminum die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Starting torque
- High: 0.45 N·m (4.5 kgf·cm) or more
- Mid: 0.32 N·m (3.2 kgf·cm)
- Low: 0.2 N·m (2.0 kgf·cm)
- Start time: 0.3 seconds (at 33⅓ rpm)
- Brake time
- Max ：3.5 seconds
- Mid ：1.0 seconds
- Min ：0.5 seconds or less
Tone arm part
- Arm type: Universal type S-shape tone arm, gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static balance type
- Effective length: 230 mm
- Overhang: 15 mm
- Tracking error: Within 3°
- Arm height adjustment range: 6 mm
- Stylus pressure variable range: 0 g – 4.0 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Proper cartridge weight: 2.5 g – 12 g
*Cartridge weight includes the mounting screws and nuts.
- When shell weight is used : 2.5 g – 5.5 g
- When only balance weight is used: 5 g – 9 g
- When sub weight is used: 8.5 g – 12 g
Input / Output terminals
- PHONO output terminal : RCA pin jacks: 1 set
- USB terminal: Type-C: 1 set
- Screws for platter
- MAGVEL CLAMP
- Slip mat
- Slip sheet
- Dust cover
- Balance weight
- Sub weight
- Shell weight
- Power cord
- Audio cable (with ground wire)
- USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty (for some regions)*
- Precautions for Use
- * Only products in Europe. Products in North America and Japan include warranty information in the Precautions for Use.