Pioneer CDJ-900 Table Top CD/Media Player
This product has been discontinued.
Industry-standard player lets you DJ in almost any format.
Adapting to today's variety of media formats, the Pioneer CDJ-900 enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV, and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices. A USB port located on top of the turntable enables users to quickly connect an external storage device such as a Tonium Pacemaker or a hard drive packed with music files, minimizing the need to bring a laptop computer to performances.
The Pioneer CDJ-900 turntable includes rekordbox, Pioneer's proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with the CDJ turntable. Key elements of Pioneer's rekordbox software include:
Beats Per Minute (BPM) Data: BPM/Tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox for use by the DJ in preparing and performing a set.
Waveform data: The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on the bottom screen for quick data visualization.
Tag info and artwork: edit and customize the file information to your performance needs.
Hot cues, cue points, and loops: prepare and customize cues and loops as well as create and manage hot cue banks.
Playlists: create, edit, and manage customized playlists for various performances.
Beatgrid: using the quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on the beat. The quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off-beat mistakes.
The Pioneer CDJ-900 turntable lets you transfer analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the CDJ-900 turntable. The software offers song information that can be viewed easily during performances on the CDJ's large display to quickly search and access content by genre, title, BPM, etc. Also, as analyzed tracks are played through the CDJ product, the turntable automatically creates and saves a play history, enabling users to review past performances on their PCs.
Pro DJ Link
The turntables feature Pioneer's Pro DJ Link that enables up to four CDJ-2000 or 900s to be connected by the link port to share a single music source, whether it is a hard drive, USB, and/or SD memory card. Once linked, users have the ability to quickly find, display, and choose the music file from a connected source through the Pioneer CDJ's built-in display and control knobs. A quick turn of the knob lets users scroll through created files and folders and a push of the knob confirms the song choice.
The turntable features a 24-bit/48 kHz sound card and HID (Human Interface Device) and MIDI control compatibility through the USB port. Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software by way of HID and/or MIDI. The HID controls were implemented into the player for superior interfacing with software, faster communication speed over MIDI, audio/visual streaming, and two-way information on the display. HID enables easy, precise, and native control of DVS (Digital Vinyl Systems) such as: Serato Scratch Live, Native Instruments' Traktor series, and MixVibes Cross2, without the need for time-coded discs.
Pioneer CDJ-900 Enhancements
Slip mode: When activated, slip mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse, or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse, or scratch is ended, creating smoother transitions.
Advanced auto beat loop: The Pioneer CDJ-900 turntable generates a four-beat loop at the touch of a button, creating a customized sound to provide more time for DJs to blend in transitioning music.
For more accurate tempo control while mixing, the media player is enhanced with increased frame increments of 0.5 frames that allow the DJ to set a cue point or loop point with more precision. To achieve the highest sound quality, the CDJ-900 was equipped with the audio industry's highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal resulting in a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
- Multi format playback: MP3, AAC, WAV, and AIFF audio files on CD and USB memory devices
- Slip Mode: creates smooth transitions when loop, reverse, or scratch ends
- Advanced auto beat loop generates a four-beat loop, creating a customized sound to provide more time for DJs to blend in transitioning music
- Enables users to quickly connect an external storage device, minimizing the need to bring a laptop to performances
- Rekordbox software organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library
- Rekordbox software identifies and processes BPM/Tempo information for each song
- Rekordbox software identifies and displays the waveform data of each song on the bottom screen
- Edit and customize file information like tag info and artwork
- Prepare and customize cues and loops
- Set cue points and loops perfectly on the beat, preventing off-beat mistakes
- Create, edit, and manage customized playlists
- Transfer analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the CDJ turntable
- Turntable automatically creates and saves a play history, enabling users to review past performances
- Enables up to four CDJ-2000 or 900s to be connected by the link port
- Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software
- HID (Human Interface Device) enables easy, precise, and native control of DVS (Digital Vinyl Systems) such as Serato without the need for time-coded discs
- Enhanced with increased frame increments of 0.5 frames that allow the DJ to set a cue point or loop point with more precision
- Equipped with the Wolfson DAC processor, which delivers a transparent, accurate audio signal resulting in a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom