Ortofon Super OM 5E Turntable Cartridge with Elliptical Stylus
The Super OM 5E major improvements:
1. By means of computer simulations it has been possible to define the natural pivot point of the system with unprecedented accuracy while achieving an optimum oscillation balance. The result: improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion.
2. OM Super cartridges models have split pole PINs which reduces magnetic losses at the treble end. This technology extends the frequency range and improves phase linearity.
3. OM Super 5 cartridge body is manufactured from a Noryl (plastic & glass compound) which ensures high rigidity and freedom from resonances.
Optimal fit and sound reproduction
If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon's answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate. If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
Super OM 5E features Elliptical stylus that provides balanced and distortion-free playback. Elliptical diamonds are able to follow the groove oscillations more accurately than spherical diamonds due to their contoured shape. This results in better tracking and less distortion.
Styli types and interchangeability
The OM 5s features a Spherical diamond. Spherical diamonds are the simplest and most robust diamonds. The OM 5E and Super OM 5E feature an Elliptical diamond.
In the development of OM cartridges, a major objective was to provide the music lover with the opportunity to optimize sound reproduction without having to replace the entire cartridge. Instead of being merely intended for replacement purposes following wear or damage, the OM 5 Series allows you to step up to better sound by simply upgrading the stylus.
Depending on your preference, styli for the OM 5 Series are easily interchanged and include: styli 3E, 5E, 10, 20, 30, 40 & 78 and D 25 M.
For more than 50 years, Ortofon has been designing and manufacturing Moving Magnet cartridges. Along with our well-regarded Moving Coil cartridges, Moving Magnet models have established a good reputation among music lovers and Hi-Fi enthusiasts the world over.
The new Ortofon OM 5 series encompasses three basic cartridges: OM 5S, OM 5E and Super OM 5E.
- The series is the lowest-mass range of moving magnet cartridges offered by Ortofon.
- The OM cartridges bodies have been designed to provide easy mounting and alignment on both top mount and bottom mount headshells.
- The OM 5 Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.