Origin Effects Cali76 Stacked Edition Compressor Guitar Effects Pedal, Inverted Black
TWO COMPRESSORS, ONE PEDAL, ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
The Cali76 Stacked Edition delivers both the classic sound of the Cali76 and the addictive dual-stage squeeze of the SlideRig, plus all the good stuff in between.
Like the SlideRIG, it features two of our Cali76 compressor circuits stacked in series—but with the flexibility to control each stage independently, the Stacked Edition opens up a huge range of additional sounds. With heaps of clean gain and compression on tap, the Cali76 Stacked Edition can totally transform the feel of your guitar.
- Two independently adjustable studio-grade FET compressors in a pedal format.
- High-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry.
- Unique THRU control sets signal fed to second compressor stage.
- Independent Attack/Release for each compression stage.
- Employ parallel compression using the Dry Blend control knob.
- Individual LED gain reduction indicators for each compressor.
- 9 to 18V operation, for increased headroom.
- Tour grade, all metal construction.
- High-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching.
- Designed and assembled by hand in England.
More than a precision tool, the Stacked Edition is a creative tone sculptor. By cascading two of our painstakingly engineered, 1176-style compressor circuits together, Cali76 Stacked Edition covers a huge range of sounds—from gentle “always-on” dynamic control to monstrous sustain and boost. Use the second stage to add subtle limiting to your tone or explore the dizzying amounts of gain and compression that the Stacked Edition has to offer.
HEART OF GOLD
The gold THRU knob sits at the heart of the Cali76 Stacked Edition. While the INPUT control determines how hard the Class-A preamp drives the first compressor, the THRU knob sets how hard the output of the first compressor hits the second. Increase it slightly to tame the loudest peaks with the second stage. Turn it up and use both compression stages to shape your sound for chewy, touch-sensitive dynamics.
As well as adjusting the amount of compression occurring in each stage, the Stacked Edition lets you independently alter each compressor’s attack and release characteristics. Using these simple controls, you can easily combine two distinct flavours of compression–one to add sustain and fullness and the other to accentuate pick attack, or to subtly limit any stray peaks. Max out both stages for a super-sensitive, ultra-sustaining “clean overdrive” effect.
The DRY control lets you mix your uncompressed ‘dry’ signal back in with your compressed guitar tone for true parallel compression. An indispensable studio recording technique, parallel compression gives you all the tone thickening and increased sensitivity of standard compression, while keeping hold of the natural dynamic expression in your playing. Parallel compression is the secret to the classic guitar tones on many of your favourite recordings.
The central rugged jewel lamp indicates bypass status, while either side of this are gain reduction LEDs showing the amount of compression in each stage. These deceptively simple indicators provide intuitive visual feedback, essential for playing live.
BUILT FOR THE ROAD
Housed in a hand polished, brushed stainless steel enclosure and furnished with aluminium controls, Neutrik jack sockets and heavy-duty footswitch, the Cali76 Stacked Edition is at home on the road as it is in the studio.
- Weight: 620 g (1.37 lb)
- Dimensions:143 x 66 x 65 mm (5.62 x 2.6 x 2.56 in.)L x W x H - Includes knobs and switches
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- Power Supply: 9-18V DC 2.1 mm centre-negative
Origin Effects pedals are designed to deliver impeccable performance using a range of power supplies. We recommend you only use a regulated power supply specifically designed for guitar pedal applications as power supplies which do not have sufficient internal filtering can result in unwanted noise.
We recommend the following power supplies for use with our pedals:
- Voodoo Labs Pedal Power series
- Cioks supplies
- Truetone 1 Spot Pro series
- Strymon Zuma
- Dunlop ECB-004
- Operating this pedal with an 18V power supply will give the most headroom, allowing for higher levels of compression before clipping occurs.