MXL Revelation Mini FET Large Diaphragm Condenser Recording Studio Microphone
The MXL REVELATION MINI FET is a compact, large diaphragm condenser microphone inspired by the legendary MXL REVELATION tube microphone. MXL set out to design a smaller, FET-based microphone that would carry the classic tone and sonic image of the REVELATION, while increasing durability and versatility for a variety of studio and live applications.
The REVELATION MINI FET utilizes a premium 32mm center terminating, gold-sputtered capsule combined with a low noise circuit to provide a classic sound for a range of uses. The FET-based circuit design offers a low noise and discreet signal path when paired with the 32mm capsule, allowing the REVELATION MINI to deliver the classic REVELATION sound at a lower price. The inclusion of a -10/-20db pad allows the mic to be used on a variety of sources including hard-hitting kick drums, blasting trumpets and everything in-between.
The REVELATION MINI FET has been designed to exceed expectations. From its black chrome accents to the hand-selected FET and capacitors, the REVELATION MINI FET is sure to stand out in your mic locker by emphasizing the natural characteristics of vocals and instrumentals.
- The REVELATION MINI FET is designed to emulate the classic valve-based circuits of higher-end microphones, such as the MXL REVELATION, providing a rich, velvety tonality for your recordings.
- A 32mm center terminating, gold sputtered capsule and a classic head basket delivers transparent and natural sound while minimizing internal reflections.
- A 3-stage Pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) provides the flexibility needed for recording high SPL sources, such as horns and kickdrums.
- The FET-based circuit design provides a low noise recording for more music and less hum.
- Type: Condenser pressure gradient mic with large 32mm capsule
- Diaphragm: Gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardoid
- Sensitivity: 25mV/Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Attenuation Switch: (Pad/Pre attenuation) -10 dB, -20 dB
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 158 dB (with pad set to -20 dB)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power
- Metal Finish: Blue with Black Chrome Accents