Ernie Ball Music Man Tim Commerford Short Scale StingRay Bass, Active, Natural
Welcome to the Tim Commerford Artist Series StingRay collection. These brand-new limited-edition Ernie Ball Music Man instruments were designed in conjunction with Tim Commerford, the legendary bassist of Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, and his newest project, 7D7D. Tim has been a part of the Ernie Ball Music Man family for many years, and this collaboration is the natural evolution of his enduring passion for the StingRay bass. With active and passive options for both short-scale and full-scale, you’re sure to find the right match for your playing style. The passive full-scale and active short-scale models deserve special consideration, as Music Man has never before offered these configurations.
Over the last 30 years, Commerford has perfected his signature sound, playing many passive and active basses. The ability to have both full and short-scale, active and passive basses in one collection gives Tim the tools required to reproduce the sounds made famous throughout his career.
LIMITED QUANTITY RELEASE
THE TIM COMMERFORD ARTIST SERIES BASS IS LIMITED TO ONLY 50 INSTRUMENTS PER COLOR. EACH NECK PLATE IS NUMBERED #1 THROUGH #50
FEATURING THE CLASSIC STRINGS-THROUGH BRIDGE WITH VINTAGE PLATED SADDLES AND ADJUSTABLE MUTE PADS
HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE CUSTOM FINGER RAMP
HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE THUMB REST ENABLES A MORE COMFORTABLE HAND POSITION WHEN PLAYING FINGERSTYLE
Available in both short and full-scale versions, the Tim Commerford active bass comes with an active 3-band preamp with 18 volts of extra clean headroom that lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
ENGINEERED TO PERFORM POWERFUL NEODYMIUM PICKUPS
The StingRay humbucking pickup features powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds. A beveled pickup cover thumb rest and adjustable finger ramp allow for a more comfortable fingerstyle hand position playing above or adjacent to the pickup.
ADJUSTABLE MUTE PADS
The classic string-thru bridge is fitted with individual mute pads allowing you to customize the degree of string dampening to suit your tastes.
5-BOLT SCULPTED NECK JOINT
All four Tim Commerford edition models include popular vintage appointments with updated modern refinements. Oil and wax maple and roasted maple necks are standard, along with a compensated nut and sculpted 5-bolt neck joint for full access to all 22 stainless steel frets.
- Model: Tim Commerford Active Short-Scale
- Size: 12-3/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 40-7/8" long (31.4 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 103.8 cm long)
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colors: Natural Gloss
- Bridge: Music Man® chrome plated, strings-thru-the-body & hardened steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles and adjustable mute pads
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 30" (76.2 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: 8" (20.3 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide stainless steel
- Neck Width: 1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at the nut, 2-3/8" (60.3 cm) at the last fret
- Neck Wood: Select Maple
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fret Markers: 5/16" Dot Inlay
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome plated aluminum control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-85w-105w (Medium Scale Regular Slinky Bass #2856)
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball. This Tim Commerford Short is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.