Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Majesty 7 7-String Guitar, Hydrospace Quilt Top
John Petrucci and Music Man have been working together for over 20 years now. Together they've come up with some of the best electric guitar designs on the market, but nothing in their catalog is quite like this.
The Majesty is one of the best new designs in years - not just for Music Man, but for the entire industry. It borrows many build concepts from previous JP models, but when it comes down to it, this is a totally unique and radically different guitar. You'll notice right off the bat that the body style modern and edgy while also being extremely ergonomic and comfortable. That seemingly large upper horn isn't just for looks: The top cutaway is almost just as deep as the bottom cutaway, so you can get your thumb over the neck when you're playing in the highest registers.
This is the first JP series built with through-neck construction and the headstock has been angled as well to provide a better break-angle over the nut. Music Man has built this guitar with some unique tonewood configurations that provide optimum tonal clarity and balance. This axe is perfect for the die-hard Petrucci fan or simply anyone who's looking for the best new design geared towards faster styles. Good work, Music Man! The extended low range on this 7-string is awesome to play and super comfortable, even if you're not used to extended range guitars.
As part of the Majesty series, this one stands a cut above its predecessors. The onboard electronics, including the Piezo, are simple, but yet give you a ton of options and versatility without ever having to stomp on a pedal or turn around to tweak your amp. All of the knobs and switches are easily accessible and require very little extra movement from your picking hand/arm to change things up on the guitar.
The classy looking top and immaculate build quality make give this a custom shop feel and feels like a true, high-end, boutique guitar!
The Majesty is the result of John's unwavering demand for high-performance and playability. One of the most well-balanced and innovative instruments available, the Majesty features a neck-through-body design, unparalleled upper fret access, ergonomic in-line control knob placement, and an advanced pickup switching system, which effectively eliminates the delay between pickup selection. The Majesty is the exemplification of everything we know a John Petrucci signature model to be - innovative technology, versatile performance, and a sleek modern feel. It has an alder body with quilt maple top, three-piece neck through construction with center strip of flamed maple, and matching flame maple headstock with ebony fingerboard and 24 stainless steel frets.
- John Petrucci DiMarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker pickups voiced to perfectly amplify the tone woods and deliver John's latest tonal range.
- Perfectly balanced lightweight neckthrough body design, delivering unparalleled access to all 24 stainless steel frets, super smooth tremolo system, and ergonomically optimized control layout.
- The Majesty features an abundance of tonal choices including magnetic and piezo options, coil tapping, and up to a 20db boost for extra gain when needed. Independent volume controls allow for custom blending of magnetic and piezo pickups that can be used in mono or stereo applications.
- Color: Hydrospace
- Size: 12" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Top Wood: Quilt Maple
- Body Wood: Alder Wings, Mahogany & Flame Maple through neck
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Mahogany & Flame Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Atlante Majesty Inlays
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck Colors: Bursted Flame Maple - Matches Body
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
HARDWARE & ELECTRONICS
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, push/push mono/stereo button (back cavity)
- Pickups: HH - 1 DiMarzio Rainmaker - neck; 1 DiMarzio Dreamcatcher - bridge; Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Made in San Luis Obispo, California
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240 with added P01156 for 7 string models)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.3 lbs
- Serial #: M016662
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This John Petrucci Majesty 7 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.