Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Guitar, Ebony Fretboard, Lava Flow
This product has been discontinued.
Music Store Live is proud to offer up another beautiful Majesty guitar from our friends over at Ernie Ball Music Man. Made just a short drive up the road from us, here in southern California, Music Man guitars and basses maintain that American-made integrity and stellar construction quality.
John Petrucci and Music Man have been working together for over 20 years now. Together they've come up with some of the best electric guitar designs on the market, but nothing in their catalog is quite like this. The unique Lava Flow finish is vibrant and at the same time can be subtle. It's almost got an iridescent vibe to it where the red becomes brighter or darker depending on the angle at which the light hits it. Super cool!
The Majesty is one of the best new designs in years - not just for Music Man, but for the entire industry. It borrows many build concepts from previous JP models, but when it comes down to it, this is a totally unique and radically different guitar. You'll notice right off the bat that the body style modern and edgy while also being extremely ergonomic and comfortable. That seemingly large upper horn isn't just for looks: The top cutaway is almost just as deep as the bottom cutaway, so you can get your thumb over the neck when you're playing in the highest registers.
As part of the Majesty series, this one stands a cut above its predecessors. The onboard electronics, including the Piezo, are simple, but yet give you a ton of options and versatility without ever having to stomp on a pedal or turn around to tweak your amp. All of the knobs and switches are easily accessible and require very little extra movement from your picking hand/arm to change things up on the guitar.
The beautiful aesthetics and immaculate build quality give this a custom shop look and feel of a high-end, boutique guitar!
The Majesty is the result of John's unwavering demand for high-performance and playability. One of the most well-balanced and innovative instruments available, the Majesty features a neck-through-body design, unparalleled upper fret access, ergonomic in-line control knob placement, and an advanced pickup switching system, which effectively eliminates the delay between pickup selection. The Majesty is the exemplification of everything we know a John Petrucci signature model to be - innovative technology, versatile performance, and a sleek modern feel.
INSPIRED DESIGN ALL NEW MAJESTY
Built to John Petrucci's exact specifications, the Majesty is the result of John's unwavering demand for performance, playability, and tone.
The Majesty features John Petrucci Dimarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker pickups voiced to perfectly amplify the tone woods and deliver John's latest tonal range.
Featuring a solid neck-through design with maple top, the Majesty is now offered in 6 finishes including Hydrospace, Titan Blue, Lava Flow, Ember Glow, Enchanted Forest and Smoked Pearl.
ENGINEERED TO PERFORM DESIGNED TO PERFECTION
The Majesty features a perfectly balanced lightweight neckthrough body design, delivering unparalleled access to all 24 stainless steel frets, super smooth tremolo system, and ergonomically optimized control layout.
Hand-selected tonewoods imported from only the finest sustainably sourced wood suppliers in the world; bodies of alder, basswood, mahogany, and maple are individually chosen and matched for their rich tonal qualities.
The Majesty features an abundance of tonal choices including magnetic and piezo options, coil tapping, and up to a 20db boost for extra gain when needed. Independent volume controls allow for custom blending of magnetic and piezo pickups that can be used in mono or stereo applications.
CRAFTED IN CALIFORNIA
Each Majesty is crafted at the Ernie Ball Music Man factory in San Luis Obispo, California. Blending the delicate touch of hand craftsmanship and the accuracy of robotic technology, we've focused on making the best playing and sounding guitars in the world.
Each Majesty features Shaller M6-IND Chrome Locking Tuners to optimize tuning stability.
- Model: Standard Majesty
- Size: 12" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Okoume with maple top and mahogany through neck
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® floating tremolo of matte black, hardened steel with Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Atlante Majesty Inlays
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck Colors: Matches body
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, push/push mono/stereo button (back cavity)
- Pickups: HH - 1 DiMarzio Rainmaker - neck; 1 DiMarzio Dreamcatcher - bridge; Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240 with added P01156 for 7 string models)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 6.9 lbs
- Serial #: M016061
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This John Petrucci Majesty is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.