Ernie Ball Music Man Valentine Guitar, Roasted Maple Neck, Pink Champagne Sparkle
Music Store Live is proud to present this Music Man Ball Valentine in an all new color released in late 2021!
James Valentine's signature guitar is a simple one, on the surface, but has some really cool features hidden under the hood. For starters, if you quickly look at this guitar you'll think that it's a double-humbucker guitar. But you'd be wrong. That bridge pickup is actually a single-coil. So you've got a humbucker in the neck position and a single-coil pickup in the bridge. The neck humbucker can be split to get a traditional T-style sound with a bit more edge. In full humbucking mode the neck pickup is rich, warm, full of harmonic content, and can deliver some really meaty and creamy lead tones as well as some fuller rhythm sounds.
Music Man managed to add some nice versatility to this guitar without overcomplicating the design. There is an on-board pre-amp and if you push on the volume knob, it'll give you about a 20 dB boost. When playing clean, this can be a nice way to kick your volume up for a solo section or something like that. But when playing with some distortion, you won't notice a volume boost so much as you'll notice a gain boost. The guitar will hit your pedals or your amp a bit harder and it's like you were able to turn up the gain knob on your amp without ever having to turn around! Then on the tone knob there's a push/push button that allows you to split the neck pickup.
Without giving you too many options that you don't need and bells and whistles that you'll never use, Music Man has found a way to honor a traditional guitar and a traditional sound, while incorporating some cool new technology and modern playability and craftsmanship.
The Ernie Ball Music Man “Valentine” signature guitar features a lightweight slab ash body, stunning figured roasted neck, and a custom designed Ernie Ball Music Man electronics (1-humbucker/1-single coil).
- Valentine - Pink Champagne Sparkle 13-1/4" wide, 1-3/4" thick,
- 38-7/16" long (33.7 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 97.6 cm long)
- 25-1/2" (64.8 cm) scale length
- 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- 11p-14p-18p-28w-38w-48w (RPS 11 Slinky #2242)
- Pink Champagne Sparkle
- Ash body wood
- High gloss polyester
- Figured roasted maple neck
- Gunstock oil and wax
- Figured roasted maple fretboard
- 22 frets - High profile, medium width, nickel silver
- Dot Inlays
- 1-5/8" (41.3 mm)
- 2-1/4" (56.9 mm)
- 10" (25.4 cm)
- Schaller M6LA Locking tuners
- Music Man® Modern hardtail with crescent cover vintage bent steel saddles
- Gold hardware
- White Pearloid pickguard
- Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom split pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- 3-way lever pickup selector
- SH - Music Man® custom wound staggered pole piece single coil and humbucker with gold covers
- Music Man hardshell molded case
- 7.7 lbs. instrument weight
- Serial #: G95631
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This Valentine is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.