Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4 HH Bass, Stealth Black
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this stealthy black Bongo from our friends over at Ernie Ball Music Man. With the exception of the inlays and the logo on the headstock, if it could be made black, they did it! Queue the Spinal Tap references!
Music Man's Bongo bass doesn't really resemble anything else on the market. It's not a tweaked version of a popular design; it's a completely new and different instrument with powerful electronics and wonderfully unique looks that were literally designed by race car engineers.
Embraced by the rock community but really up for anything, the Bongo has versatile on-board controls that'll let you dial in your sound before even looking at your amp's EQ. The tone is beefy and full, with clear harmonics and plenty of punch. It's perfect for players who need that extra kick in their tone. The neck is comfortable and fast with totally unrestricted upper register access.
If you're looking for a powerful bass that'll rock hard and is a little different from everything else out there, this is the way to go.
The Bongo represents everything a modern bass should be: well balanced, comfortable, resonant, and expressive with effortless playability. The double-cutaway basswood body design is of superior construction and along with a 24 fret finished neck offers unimpeded access for high register two-octave fretwork. The Bongo is available with two Ernie Ball Music Man proprietary humbucking pickups, 4 band eq, Neodymium magnets, and 18V active preamp that delivers a powerful combination of unparalleled tonal diversity.
- Powerful preamp and neodymium pickups
- 24 frets and custom half moon inlays
- ergonomic lightweight tuners
- Model: Bongo 4
- Size: 12-3/4" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 46" long (32.4 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.9 cm long)
- Body Wood: Basswood
- Body Finish: Matte finish
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles (Stealth Black finish features matte black hardware)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-1/8" (20.6 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - High profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-9/16" (65.1 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Custom Half-Moons
- Neck Finish: Satin finish
- Neck Colors: Color matches body
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: 4-band active preamp; vol, bridge/neck pickup balance, treble, high-mid, low-mid, bass,
- Pickups: Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.4 lbs
- Serial #: F95780
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This Bongo 4 HH is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.