Mesa Boogie Badlander 50 All-Tube Guitar Amplifier Head, 50-Watts
This product has been discontinued.
Tighter, Meaner and Even Leaner.
Delivering a sonic and weight profile that’s a bit more trim, the Rectifier® Badlander™ 50 holds its own while adding a distinct tonal character to the Badlander Series. Even more aggressive sounding, yet with an inviting, effortless feel, it’s buffed and ready to go places where less output power is the call.
Two identical Channels feature the same 3 new dynamic and duplicated Modes as its 100-Watt counterpart. CLEAN, CRUNCH and CRUSH repeated supply the gain, shaping power and an urgent personality to navigate most ensemble and virtually any recording environments.
Here in the Badlander 50, the 2-Channei preamp hooks up with two different and perfect power displacements that enhance everything from clean to clipped to wildly saturated. The 50 Watt setting delivers bold authority and the highest headroom while the 20-watt setting finds the power tubes re-wired for Triode operation that unveils greater clipping potential and a mid-scooped, harmonic-laden response that reveals trademark EL34 Tone.
A Unique Sonic Profile with Crushing Character.
Sometimes less is more, and if that’s your mantra, the Badlander 50 is a perfect fit. Weighing-in at considerably less, there are physical considerations at play for sure. Yet the Middleweight contender in the Badlander Family has its own story to tell when it comes to defiant attitude and a rebellious nature. Some feel there is a unique benefit to lower wattage amplifiers, often described as a sense that top end travels more freely and quickly through the circuit. While perhaps a bit over-simplified, truth be told the Badlander in 50 Watt form does display that characteristic along with it’s bouncy, easy to play nature.
CabClone IR with 8 Mesa Virtual IR Cabinets On Board
The Badlander 50 is also the recordists dream realized. It features our first onboard CabClone™ IR and it delivers seamless DI with Channel Specific IR Assignment of the 8 virtual Cabinets and a Reactive Load that sounds and feels great. Together with the new sounds and the 50’s clip-friendly power range, the most versatile and recordable Recto ever is created, even in “silent mode” when you can’t use your favorite cabinet!
The CabClone IR delivers newfound flexibility, portability and previously only dreamed of convenience. You now have the ability to go direct silently or with your cab, for recording, stage or headphone practicing with instant access to 8 real MESA cabinets mic’d in a Pro Environment and library storage for more. It really doesn’t get any better in terms of having consistent tone from venue to venue, with or without a speaker cabinet, your choice.
The built-in, channel assignable CabClone IR Virtual Cabinet Simulator & Reactive Amp Load comes preloaded with the following 8 Authentic MESA Virtual Cabinet IRs including:
- 4x12 Rectifier Standard (closed back)
- 4x12 Rectifier Traditional (closed back)
- 2x12 Rectifier Horizontal (closed back)
- 1x12 Rectifier (closed back)
- 1x12 Thiele (closed back, front ported)
- 2x12 Lone Star (open back)
- 1x12 Lone Star 23 (open back)
- 1x12 California Tweed 23 (open back)
Designed as an open system, The CabCLone IR is compatible with select Third-Party IRs and a simple USB connection allows open access to download, store and use your favorite IRs of choice with capacity for extra library storage. USB 2.0 A to B connection cable (not included) is required for managing IR file directory.
Multi-Watt™- 50 or 20 Watts at the Switch.
The Badlander 50 features our patented Multi-Watt™ Power Switch that offers two wattage settings; A FULL power 50 watts running both EL34s and a HALF power setting reconfigured for Triode wiring producing 20 Watts of clip-able sweetness that also runs the pair of output tubes. Each has its own set of benefits and character and together they provide almost limitless possibilities when you consider the pairings with the available preamp Modes, their gain structures and dial-able sounds.
Evolution of Recto Tone
If you’re into big, menacing Tone, but don’t need the power or the weight of a classic 100-Watt-er, we invite you to check out what 50 years designing and building high performance Tube Amps can serve up in the 50 watt range . From Clean and Crunch on to Modern Era Heavy, experience the Badlander 50 and our latest evolution of Recto tone. It’s a Rectifier at its core, but not the Recto you know.
Experience the new Badlander 50 in combo, head and rackmount formats at your authorized local MESA® dealer.
- Amp Type: Tube
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Rectifier Type: Silicon Diodes
- Variac Power Switch: Full/Variac Power Switch
- Preamp Tubes: 5x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 2x Mesa EL-34 (or 6L6)
- Bias Switch for Alternate Power Tubes Types: Bias Select for EL-34 or 6L6
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias: Yes
- Power Amp Details (Class & Wattage): "Class A/B Power with selectable, global 20/50 Power Switch - Provides two power options: Choose 2 power tubes wired in Triode, producing 20 Watts of small block-power or 2 power tubes wired in Pentode, producing 50 Watts of big-block power and punch
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Convection
- Number of Footswitchable Channels (or Modes): Two Channels
- Number of Style Modes: Three
- Number of Style Modes Per Channel: Three
- Types of Style Modes Per Channel
- Ch. 1 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™)
- Ch. 2 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™)
- Channel Controls: Each Channel features Independent 3-Position Style Mode Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master and 8-Position CabClone IR Select (back-panel) Controls
- Effects Loop & Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series Tube FX Loop
- Speaker Outputs: One 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm
- Cabinet Simulation - Direct Live/Recording Output: Built-in, channel assignable, MESA CabClone™ IR Cab Simulator featuring 8 MESA Cabinet IRs, USB Connection for IR transfers, Internal Amp Load for cabinet-free use, IR Balanced XLR Direct Output, Headphone Output, IR Output Level Control & Ground/Lift Switch
- Headphone Output: Yes
- Build Location: Hand-Wired In Petaluma, CA with the World's Finest Materials
- Wattage: 50 Watt
- Power Tube Type: 2x Mesa EL-34 (or 6L6)
- Channels & Modes: 2 Channels / 3 Mode Channel Cloning™
- Mode Voicings / Styles: Ch. 1 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™), Ch. 2 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™)
- Graphic EQ / Reverb / FX / Solo: FX Loop
- Footswitchable Functions: Ch. 1/2
- Speaker(s) & Impedance: n/a
- Weight: 36 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 9 5/8" H x 22 3/4" W x 10 3/8" D