Martin Custom Shop 000-18 Inspired Concert Acoustic Guitar, Quilt Maple Back and Sides, Sitka Spruce Top
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this beautiful creation from our friends at the Martin Custom Shop department. Martin acoustic guitars have a long and storied history of being some of the best acoustic guitars on the planet, and Music Store Live is proud to offer up this beautiful stallion of a guitar.
In late 2019 we traveled to Pennsylvania to hand-select the woods and appointments that would go on this run of exclusive custom guitars. We went through what felt like every piece of wood in their vault and picked ones that we thought looked the best, but would also contribute to an incredible sounding instrument. So we kept in mind how the woods would look together, but also, and perhaps most importantly, how they would sound together. We liked the result so much that we asked Martin to build another one just like it for us, which we just got in July of '21.
Tonally, the maple is bright and resonant. It makes for a loud and powerful guitar that will have no issues being heard or cutting through a mix filled with other instruments. The bass response is also very tight and punchy. You can really feel it when you strike a chord. Along with being absolutely gorgeous, the quilted maple back and sides sound awesome. They are very lively with a huge dynamic response. The volume output is impressive, for sure. The natural EQ of the guitar has a slight mid-scoop to it which makes for a great sounding acoustic tone. The spruce top and rosewood fretboard help to add some nice warmth to the brightness of the maple and the woods are incredibly complementary.
Punchy, bright, loud, and dynamic, this is an awesomely unique 000 Martin that will help you stand out sonically as well as visually. With a wonderfully comfortable and easy-to-play neck, immaculate construction clearly born of Martin's top luthiers, and a sound that will make you want to keep playing it, this will be a valued asset to anybody's collection.
- Model: Custom Shop 000
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Quilt Maple
- Top Binding: European Flamed Maple
- Rosette: Old Style 18 Maple & Black Wood Fiber
- Top Inlay: Style 18 Black Maple Wood
- Bracing Material: Scalloped Sitka Spruce 1/4"
- Bridge Style: Rosewood Modern Belly w/ Drop-In long Saddle
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: Black Edge Sunburst
- Construction: Dovetail Joint
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard and Headstock Binding: European Flamed Maple
- Neck: Select Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval w/ Performance Artist Taper
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Fretboard Radius: 16"
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- String Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Frets (clear of body): 14
- Headstock Taper: Square
- Headstock Inlay: C.F. Martin Block, Select Abalone
- Tuners: Grover Gold H97-18GA Sta-Tite 18:1
- Case: Molded Black Hardshell
- Serial #: 2466647
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.