Mesa Boogie Subway TT-800 Bass Guitar Amp Head Amplifier, 800 Watts
The Subway Evolution. Boogie® Bass Returns!
The all-tube Boogie® BASS 400+ was a modern-day classic used by the world’s most talented bassists for over two decades. From Paul McCartney to Mark King, Stanley Clark to Jack Blades and Michael Anthony, the 400+ crossed borders and musical genres to take center-stage behind true Icons during its 20-year build cycle.
Today it’s our award-winning Subway® Series taking names with accurate Tone, warmth and portability in the Class D realm. The evolutionary step forward beckons to combine these two distinctive preamps and create a powerful, portable way to feature their unique personalities in one package. The Subway® TT-800™ answers that call!
Tube Bloom or FET Punch & Detail, It's All Yours On Demand!
Two Separate Channels in a Dual Mono configuration feed the Subway® TT-800™'s muscular, articulate 800-Watt Class D power section and create the foundation from which to build your ultimate Bass Tone.
The TT-800 features an all-new tube driven preamp allowing bassists to experience the rich, blooming tube character of the legendary tone stack architecture from the Bass 400+ in the Boogie® channel or the modern tone of the award-wining Subway Channel with enhanced tightness in the low end, accurate punchy mids and crystal clean highs. These Channels can be used to switch between (Foot Switch optional) for different responses and sounds with one...
VINTAGE ENHANCED AND MODIFIED MODERN CREATE HARMONY
The top BOOGIE® Channel, featuring our storied Bass 400+ signal path, breathes and blooms with 3-D tube warmth and includes new improvements like the Subway’s HIPASS, and a semi-parametric control for the MID frequencies, which adds immensely to the versatility of an already epic sound.
The lower SUBWAY® Channel provides everything the modern bassist could want; articulate, nuanced detail served up with immediacy and authority in a tighter tracking, more neutral character and now features a tube preamp.Modern feature packed, the TT-800’s DEEP and BRIGHT switches add tone shaping opportunities and allow for taming “boomy” rooms by switching DEE...
- Amp Type: Tube Preamps & Class D Power Amp
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Preamp Tubes: 3x Mesa 12AT7
- Power Amp Power Devices: Class D Power Amp
- Wattage(s) Quick Reference: 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts @ 8 Ohms
Power Amp Details: Light-Weight, Compact Class D Power Amp with Variable O/D Symmetry Control, Protection, Limit LED Indicators
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Fan Cooled
- Instrument Input Options: 1x 1/4" with High/Low Gain Switch
- Preamp Details: Two Channels, Class A Vacuum Tube Preamps featuring: Channel One – Boogie Channel features: Input Gain, Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz – 125Hz), Active Driven Passive 3-Band EQ (Bass, Mid with variable Mid-Shift Control, Treble) and Master Volume
Channel Two – Subway Channel features: Input Gain, Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz – 125Hz), Fully Active 3-Band EQ (+/- 12dB of Bass, Mid & Treble) with Sweepable (variable) Mid Frequency Control (150Hz-2000Hz) and Master Volume
- Effects Loop: Two Fully Buffered, Channel Independent Series FX Loop
- Solo Level Control: n/a
- Direct Line Output (DI): 1x Tube-Driven, Post Master, Balanced XLR (DI) Out with Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches / 1x Tube-Driven, Pre-EQ, Balanced XLR (DI) Out with Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Tuner Output / Mute: Tuner Output (back panel) with Play/Mute Switch (front panel) and External Mute Switching Jack (back panel) - See "Footswitch" in the Accessories Section for additional options
- External Switching Jack Options: External Switching Jack for Channel Select & Tune/Mute (Footswitch Sold Separately)
- Speaker Outputs: 2 - Speakon Output Jacks (no 1/4" speaker jacks) - 8, 4 or 2 Ohms
- Headphone Output: Yes
- Slave Output: n/a
- Build Location: Petaluma, CA USA with the World's Finest Materials
- Wattage: 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts @ 8 Ohms
- Power Amp Type: Light-Weight Class D Power Amp & 8/4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Switch
- Preamp: Two Channels, Class A Vacuum Tube Preamps w/ 3x Mesa 12AT7
- EQ / Dynamics Control: Global: Deep Switch, Bright Switch
Channel One – Boogie Channel features: Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz – 125Hz) and Active Driven Passive 3-Band EQ (Bass, Mid with variable Mid-Shift Control, Treble) Channel Two – Subway Channel features: Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz – 125Hz) and Fully Active 3-Band EQ (+/- 12dB of Bass, Mid & Treble) with Sweepable (variable) Mid Frequency Control (150Hz-2000Hz)
- Footswitchable Functions: External Switching Jack for Channel Select & Tune/Mute (Footswitch Sold Separately)
- Weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
- Dimensions: 4" H x 12" W x 11.375" D
Weight And Dimensions
- Weight: 7 lbs. 3.oz.
- Height: 4"
- Width: 12"
- Depth: 11.375"