Mesa Boogie Powerhouse Reactive Load Guitar Amp Power Attenuator, 16-Ohm
MORE CONTROL ON STAGE, INFINITELY MORE TONE AT HOME.
Every experienced player knows there’s nothing like a great tube amp running in the power band for Tone, feel and excitement. Be it a 30-watt Combo running 6V6 or EL84s, or a full-blown 100-watt Head cranking with 6L6 or EL34s, nothing compares to the dynamics, expressiveness, fullness and dimensionality of a tube power amp operating in “the zone”. However these days, venue volumes are down and neighbors everywhere aren’t as tolerant as they once were. That’s no reason to compromise your sound and run your favorite amp in its less dynamic idle zone because now we’ve got you covered with our PowerHouse® Reactive Load Attenuator.
The Attenuator You've Been Waiting For
Aficionados, this is the power attenuator you’ve been waiting for. One that puts Tone and feel first and includes valuable features you need while preserving the magic of your tube amp in all its harnessed-volume glory.
We start with a reactive Load, an expanded version of that used in our CabClone™ IR series, that protects your amp’s power section and imparts much the same frequency and response curve and reacts with your amp’s power section in much the same way your favorite speaker cabinet does, yet allows you to run silently and safely when a live speaker cabinet can’t be used.
- Dynamic new Reactive Load Circuit + Attenuation provides the feel and tone of your amp running at its optimum output at any volume, with or without a real speaker cabinet!
- Rated for Amps up to 150-Watts
- Attenuator Switch provides 4 levels of power/volume reduction, -4dB, -8dB, -12dB and -16dB
- -16dB Level Control allows infinite power/volume reduction down from the -16dB position
- Speaker/Load Switch – Choose between using your live speaker cabinet or the internal reactive load
- Normal/Bright/Warm Voicing Switch
- One ¼” Input Jack (From Amp Speaker Output)
- Two ¼” “To Live Spkr Cab” Output Jacks
- Independent ¼” Line Level “Dry” Output Jack (exact signal from amp’s speaker output) with Level Control
- Fan Cooled
- Tall Rubber Feet - Allows PowerHouse to sit on top of most amps, clearing the handle
- Dimensions: 8” W (with knobs) x 7.375” D x 3.5" H (with feet)
- Weight: 4lbs 1.7 Oz