McCaffrey Audio Green Vodka Muff Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal
- Neutrik Jacks
- Negative center 2.1mm standard 9V power supply.
- Transistor based fuzz with symmetrical clipping.
- Increases/decreases the amount of fuzz/drive/gain. This isn’t your ordinary muff clone. Try it in different positions to get everything from classic green muff sounds to modern chunk!
- Controls the highs and lows of the pedal. Has a very wide sweep and works in conjunction with the Volume control.
- Two-way switch on the top left of the pedal. Right is the “stock” mode and left will allow you to cut through the mids even more.
- This is a three-way toggle switch that was conceived with the many mods that I used to do on Big Muffs that folks sent in looking for a high/low pass filter mod. Middle position is “stock” with no lows added. Left is some lows added and right is the most lows and bass response added to the signal.
- Green Muff– Volume to 11:00, Sustain to 2:00, Tone to 1-2:00. Beef switch to left position and Pass switch to middle position.
- High Gain Green Machine– Volume to 10:00, Sustain to 5:00, Tone to 3:00, Beef to right and Pass to left.
- Over-Muff– Volume to 1:00, Sustain to 11:00, Tone to 2:00, Beef to left and Pass to right.
"At the heart of the pedal is a circuit that is close to the early 90’s Sovtek era green muffs. I tried to nail that Russian sweetness with some of my favorite mods including my own custom mods to make the hammer and sickle red with envy.
The Green Vodka is our take on what the big military green Russian-made Muff’s would be like today. I actually built forty working prototypes before deciding on this circuit. Week after week I would build a prototype and take it to band practice and play and listen over and over. The day came when BOOM. I was suddenly heard in the mix and had the pedal on. Now that is pretty darn rare in my findings with a Muff style pedal. No more getting lost in the mix as soon as you engage your muff style pedal. The Green Vodka cuts like a seasoned surgeon through the most mid heavy mix. You can get the classic Russian muff sound but so much more. Used by many of our customers, artists and friends in the industry as an overdrive, distortion in addition to the fuzz she was built to be. This has been one of our most popular pedals hands down."