Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 Celestial Reverb Guitar Effects Pedal
- Built in the U.S.A.
- 9V power jack power draw: 100mA
- Allows you to choose between 3 reverb algorithms
- External bypass and Alt controls - TRS cable required
- Effortlessly jump between top and bottom rows of controls
- Compatible with most standard expression pedals
- 2.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switch
MATTHEWS EFFECTS - The Astronomer V2
The Astronomer V2 is a unique three-knob reverb pedal that harnesses the power of the celestial bodies. Chart your course with two sets of identical controls allowing you to jump between the top and bottom row of knobs effortlessly. Always visible and editable on the fly, this works as a preset without any programming or menu diving. You can set each row to be a completely different sound. For example, set a deep shimmer on one, a light reverb on the other or create any combination of two distinct sounds and alternate between them instantly. For each set of controls, there is a slide switch on the side of the pedal that lets you select one of three reverb effect constellations: Canis Major, Orion and Ursa Major. Discover an entire universe of unique reverb effects using the Astronomer V2 pedal.
3 ORIGINAL REVERB ALGORITHMS:
The Astronomer V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls:
Canis Major - This constellation is an EchoVerb effect designed with droning and swells in mind. The "Glow" knob controls the mix of the shimmer while the "Travel" knob adjusts the decay time of the reverb. Canis Major excels at pads and layering.
Orion - This is the quintessential hall reverb effect. Select the amount of celestial shimmer using the "Glow" control. Turned down "Glow" delivers a classic hall reverb or dime it out for a unique sound that's straight from the heavens.
Ursa Major - Ursa Major is a chamber reverb effect. Dial in a pre-reverb octave using the "Glow" control. Turn "Glow" all the way down for a haunting dark reverb that’s great for lead lines. Slowly turn it up to add particles and emulate the sound of the cosmos.
- Mass - Adjust the Wet/Dry mix using the "Mass" control. All the way up is a 100% wet signal.
- Glow - Adjusts the mix of the shimmer on the Orion and Canis Major effect. Adjusts the octave mix on the Ursa Major effect.
- Travel - Adjusts the decay time of all three reverb algorithms.
Alt Switch (secondary foot switch) - What sets the Astronomer V2 apart from other pedals is the Alt controls. The three knobs on the "Top" row of the pedal are duplicated on the "Bottom" row giving you two different settings/sounds which you can jump between. You can independently select the algorithms for each row using the slide switches on the side of the pedal. This creates a simple and straightforward way to get two dynamic sounds on the fly.
Alternate Jack Out - This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely using a TRS cable. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
Analog Dry Path Signal - Your instrument's dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled reverb sound.
Expression Jack - Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the “Travel” knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in. TRS cable required.
Tails or Bypass Mode - The Astronomer V2 allows the beautiful haunting layers to continue as you switch the pedal Off, preventing an abrupt cut to your sound. If you desire that hard-cut when bypassing the pedal, simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes. Do the same to switch it back.
BUILT IN USA QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail in creating the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with The Astronomer V2. From its rugged build, wide range of available sounds, bypass options and alternate settings, The Astronomer V2 is a dynamic pedal that is built for the stars.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedalboard placement effortless
- Side-mounted slide switches for each row of controls lets you choose between 3 unique reverb algorithms
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty