Lewitt LCT 940 Multi-Pattern Tube FET Condenser Microphone
Studio FET and tube microphone in one.
- Tube and FET microphone in one housing
- Blend tube and FET circuit at any ratio
- Studio centerpiece
- 12AX7 tube
- Remote control and power supply in one
- Multi-pattern design
Included: Shock mount, LCT 40 Wxx, 11-pin audio cable
Your studio FET and tube mic in the same housing.
The LCT 940 unifies the specific characteristics of a premium large diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone.
With "Tube" you get warmth and musical harmonics, while "FET" gives you clear and nuanced sound. Blend tube and FET circuit at any ratio and find your ideal mix. The LCT 940 features a total of nine different polar patterns.
Remote control and power supply in one
Set polar pattern, pre-attenuation, and low-cut.
There is a user interface on the remote control for a quick and accurate setup of pattern, pre-attenuation, and low-cut. Easily check or change the settings, even in complete darkness due to its illuminated user interface. The power supply unit is integrated.
Blend two sound characteristics at any ratio
What's the AMPLIFICATION knob?
By using the AMPLIFICATION knob, you can mix the two distinct microphone circuits, FET and tube circuit at any ratio to find your sweet spot.
This way you can dial in the ideal combination of warmth, punch, and clarity. Works brilliantly to adapt the LCT 940 to different voices.
Here are nine patterns in total.
A polar pattern affects how much room sound you end up recording. But switching your polar pattern not only changes the directivity, it also alters the frequency response, resulting in a different sound.
You can also control the proximity effect, and have it pronounced or reduced according to your application.
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern: Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8, four intermediate patterns
- Frequency range: 20 ... 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa
- Self-noise: 8 dB (A) FET, 12 dB (A) tube
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 143 dBSPL, 0 dB attenuation
- Signal / noise ratio: 86 dB (A) FET, 82 dB (A) tube
- Dynamic range: 135 dB FET, 131 dB tube
- Pre-attenuation pad:
- 0 dB
- -6 dB
- -12 dB
- -18 dB
- Low-cut filter:
- 40 Hz (12 dB/oct)
- 150 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- 300 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 200 Ω
- PSU - supply voltage:
- 230 V, 50 Hz
- 110 V, 60 Hz
- Current consumption: 170 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 11-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 192 x 60 x 46 mm, 7.5 x 2.4 x 1.8 in
- PSU dimensions: 250 x 150 x 70 mm, 9.8 x 5.9 x 2.8 in
- Microphone net weight: 662 g, 23.3 oz
- PSU net weight: 1,930 g, 68.1 oz