Lewitt Audio LCT 140 AIR Small Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Recording Microphone
Your mic for both, realistic and sparkling sound.
Do you prefer your instrument sounding 100% natural or rather have some sparkle on top? The LCT 140 AIR can do both. It features two sound characteristics, AIR and FLAT. You can easily switch to the sound that fits your purpose.
AIR adds top-end sparkle, while FLAT reproduces your sound as it is. Try both and capture the performance the way you want.
Two switchable sound characteristics
AIR or FLAT? Record the source the way you want.
AIR delivers an open, sparkling character. The right choice if you need great sound without spending time on post-production. FLAT provides a linear frequency response for “as-it-is” reproduction of drums, strings, acoustic guitars, and choirs. It is perfect if you aim for realistic sonic images. Check out the sound samples and hear for yourself.
Excellent transient response
Capture the natural sound of your instruments.
Transients are the DNA of your instrument's sound. To retain the natural musicality of your instruments, the LCT 140 AIR delivers an excellent transient response. The natural characteristics of cymbals are captured accurately.
In any case, you get a punchy yet warm reproduction of your instrument's unique sound.
Durable and light aluminum housing
It's withstanding and easy to handle.
The LCT 140 AIR is very durable yet lightweight thanks to its CNC'ed aluminum housing. Positioning and setup become easy tasks.
Cardioid polar pattern
Your instrument's sound gets the right focus.
A cardioid polar pattern picks up sound coming from the front of the microphone. Background noise will not get in the way when you use the directivity to your advantage. By positioning the mic away from potential sources of bleed or noise, your instrument will stay in focus.
- Type: Condenser, permanently polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 17 mm, 0.67 in
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 14.6 mV/Pa, -36.7 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 20 dB (A), cardioid
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 135 dBSPL
- Dynamic range: 115 dB (A)
- Pre-attenuation pad
- 0 dB
- -12 dB
- Low-cut filter
- 80 Hz (12 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 173 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 7.2 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 24 dia. x 140 mm, 0.9 dia. x 5.5 in
- Microphone net weight: 66 g, 2.3 oz