Ibanez EHB1505MS EHB Ergonomic Headless Multi-Scale 5-String Bass, Ocean Inlet Flat
The EHB’s headless construction, contoured body, ergonomic design, and chambered body make for a lightweight and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice sessions. This series also sports a combination of highquality tone woods and versatile electronics, resulting in a cuttingedge, ultramodern bass, capable of cutting though the complex landscape of tones required for today’s bassist.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
- 9pc Pangapanga/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods: The 9piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck provides superior note attack, tight lows and increased sustain.The Graphite reinforcement rods provides massive sustain and excellent stability.
- Panga Panga fretboard: Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- Medium Stainless Steel frets: The Stainless Steel frets are durable and longlasting.
- Poplar Burl top / Selected light weight African Mahogany body: A stunning Poplar Burl top and a selected light weight African Mahogany body provide a warm tone with rich resonance.
- Nordstrand™ Big Split Custom pickups: The singlecoil Nordstrand™ Big Split pickups feature split coils with hum cancelling construction for less noise. The tone character is a hybrid P/J style and provides a rich and strong, yet wellbalanced tone, which fits well with various kinds of playing styles.
- Varimid 3band EQ: The Varimid 3band EQ features a variable midfrequency control which allows you to dial in an incredibly wide range of sounds.
- Ibanez custom headpieces: Rugged yet lightweight Ibanez custom headpieces enable strings to be easily set and released by a hex wrench from the back side.
- MR5HS bridge: The MR5HS bridge is designed specially for EHB basses and features a wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer. The saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/1.5mm, answering every bassist’s individual string spacing demands, no matter the playing style. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot): The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passiveonly operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- Luminescent side dots: The luminescent side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
- Schaller SLocks strap lock pins: Indestructible Schaller SLocks don't fail, even under the toughest conditions on stage.
- Gig bag included: It comes with Ibanez gig bag which is designed specifically to fit and protect this instrument.
- Ergonomic body design: The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing.
- Slanted body back: The top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slightly closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
- Comfortably rounded body edge, Chambered body: Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, wellbalanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session.
- Scooped cut on the body back: There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access.
- Detachable Finger ramp: A detachable Finger ramp is included for comfortable finger picking.
- Body Wood: African Mahogany
- Top Wood: Poplar Burl
- Finish: Ocean Inlet Flat
- Neck Wood: 9-Piece Panga Panga/Walnut
- Neck Shape: EHB5
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Radius: 19.685"
- Fretboard Wood: Panga Panga
- Fretboard Inlays: Offset Abalone Dots
- Frets: 24 Medium Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.771"
- Nut: Plastic
- Bridge: MR5HS
- Tuners: Ibanez Custom Headpieces
- Hardware Color: Black
- Pickups: Nordstrand Custom Big Split Humbuckers
- Controls: Volume, Balance, 3-Band Active EQ, EQ Bypass Switch
- Strings: .045-.130
- Case: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Serial #: I230408255
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ibanez. This EHB1505MS is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.