Heil Sound PR 30B Large-Diaphragm Dynamic Microphone in Black
- Generating element: Copper-wound dynamic with neodymium magnet structure
- Body: Steel body with zinc die-cast bottom ring
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 18kHz
- Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Output level: -52.9dB @ 1,000 Hz.
- Polar pattern: End fire, cardioid, uniform front to back discrimination
- Diaphragm: Large diameter, low-mass quilted aluminum
- Finish: Anodized champagne matte
- Net weight: 15 oz.
The Heil PR 30 represents completely new dynamic microphone technology designed for a wide range of professional applications such as sophisticated recording, live sound, and commercial broadcast. Its smooth, wide frequency range sounds like a ribbon but can withstand large amounts of SPL. Outperforming the tired, 30 year old technology of the industry, the large diameter of the PR 30's dynamic element produces an outstanding upper mid range that makes the PR 30 the absolute best guitar microphone in the industry today, while still an excellent choice for reproducing the human voice.
Since 1982, Heil Sound has been the leading manufacturer of communications microphones and has a paramount understanding of phasing. When properly applied, this knowledge creates outstanding cardioid patterns with unbelievable rear rejection that removes unwanted sounds that try to enter from the off axis rear. The pattern control of the Heil PR 30 is outstanding. This exceptional performance is achieved by using the ideal combination of materials for the large low mass diaphragm and a special mixture of neodymium, iron, and boron that gives the PR 30 the strongest magnet structure available. These features allow the microphone to achieve magnificent dynamic range. A unique screen system using two different diameter mesh screens and an internal breath blast filter allow the user to talk closely to the microphone with little worry of pops or excessive sibilance. The large diameter dynamic element is mounted in a unique shock mount atop a non-resonant fixture, decoupling the element from the massive steel body. This body and the internal hum bucking coil removes any worry of using the PR 30 near monitor screens or noisy lighting fixtures and controls. The new technology of the Heil PR 30 has redefined the dynamic microphone with superior wide frequency response, the lowest presence of noise in the industry, flawless design, and elite quality expected by an innovator and leader in the field. Your ribbon microphones will now be jealous.
- Largest dynamic element available
- Smooth response sounding like a ribbon
- Wide frequency response
- Articulate natural mid range
- Ideal for broadcast studios, especially for guitar amp microphone
- Properly positioned humbucking coil and heavy steel case insure maximum shielding
- Assembled and tested in Illinois
- Microphone stand clip included