Hagstrom Fantomen Electric Guitar, All Mahogany Construction, Resinator Fingerboard - Tobacco Sunburst
- Body: Single Cutaway - Asymettrical Design All Mahogany Construction Multi-Ply Binding
- Neck: Set Neck - Mahogany - Slim “D” Profile H-Expander™ Truss Rod Multi-Ply Binding
- Fingerboard/Nut: Resinator™ Fingerboard / 25.5” (648mm) Scale Length Pearloid Block Inlays 22 Medium Jumbo Frets / 15” Radius GraphTech Black Tusq XL Nut / 43mm
- Electronics: Lundgren Design AlNiCo-2 No. 2 Humbucker - Neck Position Lundgren Design AlNiCo-5 No. 5 Humbucker - Bridge Position 3-Way Toggle Switch Pickup Selector 2 x Volume Control with R/C Circuit 2 x Tone Control with Push-Pull Coil Split Chrome Knobs
- Parts: Long Throw Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stop Tail Piece Hagstrom 18:1 Chrome Die Cast Tuners D’Addario (10-46) Strings
- Other: Case C-47 / Bag E-19
A collaboration between the design team at Hagstrom and “Papa Emeritus” and the Ghouls of the band Ghost, Fantomen (Swedish for “The Fantom”) transports Hagstrom’s legendary playability and technical excellence into a new, edgier realm. Hagstrom started with an elegantly asymmetrical solid-mahogany body to which they joined a mahogany neck using their classic mortise-and-tenon neck joint system. Of course, since it’s a Hagstrom, the Fantomen uses our H-Expander® truss rod and Resinator® fingerboard, providing the ultimate in playing surface stability and optimal tonal enhancement. Together these components create an incredibly stable, resonant and responsive sonic foundation.
With a relatively thin 1¼” (3.5cm) body, the Fantomen is beautifully balanced and surprisingly lightweight. A 25.5” (648mm) scale provides a slightly sharper attack amd more sustain than classic 24.75” scale guitars. A neck joint design that provides total, unrestricted access to all 22 frets will meet the needs of even the most virtuosic player.
Hagstrom's goal was to equip the Fantomen with electronics that would allow for a varied tonal pallet ranging from classic, vintage colors to screaming metallic brilliance. Hagstrom worked with Swedish pickup guru Johan Lundgren, designer of pickups used by artists such as Meshuggah’s Martin Hagström (no relation!). Lundgren recommended two different humbucker designs: No. 2 in the neck position and No. 5 in the bridge position. The result covers an immense expressive range; from smooth, warm tones to the kind of attack and intense dynamic output that would satisfy the demands of even the most extreme musical styles. Each pickup can be split to single-coil mode by means of push/pull switches incorporated into the tone controls for even more sonic flexibility. This guitar speaks with many distinct voices.
You can find the Fantomen on stage with Ghost during their 2017 Popestar tour, but you don’t have to be a Nameless Ghoul to play one, and you can be sure the Fantomen available at Pitbull Audio are identical in every way to the Fantomen used by the Ghouls!
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for (insert manufacturer). This (insert model name
is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact instrument you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival