Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Signature Falcon Hollow Body Guitar with Bigsby, Hardshell Case - White Lacquer
Music Store Live is proud to present this Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon! This Billy Duffy Falcon is essentially an upgraded and unique version of the Gretsch Falcon - a guitar long been hailed as one of the best hollow body designs on the market. Through clean amp settings (a Fender Blues Jr.), this guitar really impressed us. We were able to get sparkly, shimmering clean sound, but it had a mid range weight we usually don't associate with "clean chime." It's like a cross between single-coil shimmer and jazz box warmth and depth. Distorted, this guitar can rip, bark, wail or scream. Through lower gain settings, this thing has some incredible blues tone. It's thick and rich with tons of harmonics that jump out all over the place. With moderate distortion, we got full, dynamic rock tone that you've no doubt heard before if you're a fan of The Cult. The neck on this axe is very round and full, so it's super comfortable but won't slow you down. If you're a fan of Billy Duffy's sound, this guitar will definitely satisfy. But also anyone who's serious about getting distinct, unique tone needs to check this one out as well.
Billy Duffy is not afraid to make a statement, and few things make a bolder statement than Duffy wielding his Gretsch® White Falcon under the stage lights with British rock legends The Cult. Duffy burst out of London’s early '80s post-punk scene in Theatre of Hate before meeting Ian Astbury and forming one of rock 'n' roll’s most powerful, unique and long-lasting duos—The Cult. Duffy's combination of thick power chords steeped in rich chorused delay, melodic Morricone-inspired lead phrases and filthy feedback-laden solos created an unparalleled sound larger than most venues could contain.
The Cult’s first two albums, Dreamtime and Love, solidified their place among the pre-"alternative" elite, with the latter album featuring what would become their most popular single, "She Sells Sanctuary", which remains a global staple on rock radio twenty years on and was featured on a 2012 Super Bowl advertisement in the States. Every track on those iconic albums exclusively featured his Gretsch White Falcon, and Duffy has made a point to include it on every subsequent album, most notably the chart-topping Electric and Sonic Temple, and their most recent critically acclaimed release Choice of Weapon.
It is with great pleasure that Gretsch is releasing the G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon guitar, which has immediately become one of the most unique and bewitching White Falcon guitars ever made. Featuring much of what Falcon fans hold dear, Duffy's inimitable guitar has several unique aesthetic differences separating it from the rest of the "Falcon" flock—its period-correct '70s Baldwin-era styling, loss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, V-shaped Falcon headstock, Silver Sparkle binding, custom wound hot “Black Top” Filter'Tron humbucking pickups with three-point adjustable '70s-style metal bezels and Duffy's preferred Bigsby tailpiece.
In addition, Duffy's signature bird of prey features a 17" wide, 2 ¾" deep single-cutaway three-ply maple body with a three-ply maple arched top and back and two spruce parallel tone bars and sound post, a three-piece maple/walnut/maple neck with ebony fingerboard, a chrome-plated truss rod cover with Duffy's signature emblazoned on it, a chrome-plated output jack plate, pearloid wide-block fretboard inlays, '70s-style aluminum "G-Arrow" knobs and a premium gray speckled "Billy Duffy" case. The Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon guitar is the tool inspired, designed and built to deliver the ultimate statement of rock 'n' roll nirvana.
- Model Number: 2401409805
- Series: Professional Collection
- Family: Falcon™
- Platform: Falcon™
- Color: White Lacquer
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Falcon™
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: Parallel Spruce Tone Bars with Sound Post
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.75" (7 cm)
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22 (Plus Zero Fret)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.71" (43.4 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Headstock: Falcon™ Style
- Neck Plate: None
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Wound Black Top™ Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: Custom Wound Black Top™ Filter'Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: 3-Position Master Tone Switch: Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off, Position 2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open, Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned '70s Style Ebony Base
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6CW with Wire Handle
- Tremolo Arm: Bigsby® "Wire" Style Handle
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ with Butter-Bean Buttons
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Gretsch® Billy Duffy Hardshell (p/n 099-6467-111)
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs
- Serial #: JT21041800
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Gretsch. This G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.