G&L USA S-500 Guitar, Satin Old School Tobacco Burst, Chechen Fretboard, Modern Classic Neck
- G&L USA S-500
- Old School Tobacco Sunburst Satin
- Swamp Ash Body
- Maple Neck
- G&L Modern Classic Neck Shape - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- Satin Light Tint Neck Finish
- Chechen Fretboard
- Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge
- 1-Ply Black Pickguard
- Medium Jumbo PLEK'd Frets
- G&L MFD S-500 Single Coil Pickups
- Controls: Vol, Treb, Bass, Mini-Toggle Expander
- 5-Position Blad Selector Switch
- White Pearl Face Dots
- Chrome Hardware
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Owners Info and Specs Sheet Included
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs.
This is a smooth, versatile, American crafted S style guitar, but with enough twists to really set it apart and a price tag way below what it should be. Tonally, this guitar is a testament to the fact that the S-500 has found its own voice in the single-coil, double-cut world. With the characteristic single coil top-end shimmer but a beefier midrange than you might be used to, the S-500 has a unique and fully realized tonal identity that will enhance a whole range of styles. The neck is substantial, round and extremely comfortable everywhere, and upper fret access is easy. The Chechen fingerboard is new for G&L and very reminiscent, tonally, to pau ferro. It's a less porous and more dense wood than rosewood and the result is still a warm sound but with a bit more snap and spank to it. It compliments the MFD pickups very very well. The satin frost finish on this is really cool and helps set this one apart from other S-style guitars without breaking the bacnk. This guitar's going to be a hard one to beat.
Music Store Live is proud to be one of the top authorized G&L dealers on the planet. We do our best to stock inventory of what our team of experts feels is the best combination of specs, specifically, so you don't have to wait for a custom order from G&L. That said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big a-la carte custom shop, so it’s easy (and cheap) to get exactly what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality!
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.