Genzler Amplification Crash Box 4 Classic Bass Distortion Effects Pedal
The new CRASH BOX 4 PEDAL is an ALL-ANALOG distortion pedal that dynamically emulates 4 different distortion types found in popular tube and solid-state distortion circuit topologies and then gives the player additional flexibility and control over drive/gain, distortion path (only)–high pass and low pass filters and separately a clean signal path blend. The result is the ability to tailor and fine tune the distortion to fit a wide spectrum of music and playing techniques, without the loss of touch sensitivity, musicality, or the addition of excess noise.
1st GEAR: Reminiscent of a tube amp’s moderately driven channel (including natural harmonics) with a bit of compression when driven hard. Many players will find that this works well as a mellow/milder, smoother overdrive/distortion with plenty of even ordered harmonic richness , and dimensional texture.
2nd GEAR: Emulates a tube amp’s more heavily overdriven tone, with more odd order harmonics and compression, depth and top-end. While moderately compressed, there is still plenty of depth of tone, dynamics and feel present.
3rd GEAR: An aggressive up-shift from 2nd gear, this heavier and edgier distortion is higher in odd order harmonics as well as having greater compression for a tighter feel. The harder you dig in, the thicker the harmonics and texture, and the more compressed the feel, with greater sustain.
4th GEAR: This is the most aggressive gear of all — a heavy, symmetrical, mostly odd order harmonics style distortion. While there are a lot of harmonics and compression present, this gear does not give up tone but adds additional crush and increased sustain.
The CRASH BOX 4 is a dynamic and versatile distortion pedal and is an excellent compliment with our other pedals and either of our MAGELLAN 350 or MAGELLAN 800 bass amps.
- Black Lightweight Aluminum Chassis
- Rugged Stomp Switches
- Low-noise, Silent Switching Circuitry
- High-Pass and Low-Pass Filter (Distortion Engine Only)
- 4 Position Distortion “Gear” Selector Switch
- Parallel Clean Signal Path
- High/Low Drive Sensitivity Switch
- Accepts Power Supplies From 9VDC – 18VDC (low noise type), Either Polarity (auto detecting) 40mA Max — (Power Supply Not Included)
- Power Supply: 9VDC-18VDC (low noise type), either polarity (auto-detecting), 40mA max (Power supply not included).
- Input Impedance: >1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Overdrive Engine Input HPF: 30Hz – 200hz
- Overdrive Engine Output LPF: 1kHz – 14kHz
- Input Sensitivity (nominal): -20dBu (high sensitivity), -10dBu (low sensitivity)
- Maximum Input Level: 0dBu (9V supply), +5dBu (12V supply), +10dBu (18V supply), high sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Input Level: +5dBu (9V supply), +12dBu (12V supply), +18dBu (18V supply), low sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Output Level: +9dBu (9V supply) +14dBu (12V supply), +20dBu (18V supply)
- Dimensions: 5” (127mm) W x 4.1” (104mm )D x 2.3” (59mm)H
- Weight: 1.1 lb (0.5kg)