Focusrite Red 16Line 64-In / 64-Out Pro Tools HD / Dual Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
64X64 ALL-IN-ONE INTERFACE, 32X32 DANTE I/O
Red 16Line is a 64-in/64-out Pro Tools | HD and dual Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with ultra-low latency A-D/D-A conversion, Red Evolution mic preamps, up to 121dB dynamic range, ultra-low round trip latency, and expansion over Ethernet for networked audio. Since Red 16Line provides both DigiLink™ connectors and Thunderbolt connections, it's now easier than ever to switch from Pro Tools | HD to a second DAW, without the need to reconfigure option cards in the interface. Simply change the host mode either in the RedNet Control software, or on the device front panel and change DAWs in seconds.
The Easiest Way To Work In Pro Tools | HD™ And A Second DAW
Since Red 16Line provides both DigiLink™ connectors and Thunderbolt™ connections, it's now easier than ever to switch from Pro Tools | HD™ to a second DAW, without the need to reconfigure option cards in the interface. Simply change the host mode either in the RedNet Control software, or on the device front panel and change DAWs in seconds.
Our Best Conversion
High-performance audio conversion with over 118dB dynamic range A-D and 121dB dynamic range D-A (A-weighted). These converters have been expertly selected and calibrated to provide the best balance of sound quality, dynamic range and conversion latency in our best-quality audio interface.
Revolutionise Your Workflow
Red's ultra-low round trip latency completely transforms your workflow. If you're used to having to build two different mixes – one using input monitoring to overdub, the other using the DAW for playback – the good news is that now, one is enough. Build your mix on the DAW and use it whether you're overdubbing (monitoring the input you're recording with the RedNet Control software mixer) or playing back, with all your plug-ins in place, all the time.
Extensive Analogue I/O
Red 16Line features 16 line inputs on D-sub, coupled with 16 line outputs and two main monitor outputs.
Two Of Our Best Preamps
The two digitally-controlled Red Evolution mic preamps provide up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain along with stereo linking, individual phantom power, high-pass filter, phase reverse and Air mode: the name we give to the sonic signature of the classic transformer ISA preamp.
Networked Audio-Enabled Out Of The Box
With dual-port Dante™ connectivity, you will be able to expand your studio over Ethernet for more channels at higher sample rates, anywhere in your network, at lower latency and lower cost.
Software Mixer With Hardware-Focused Workflow
RedNet Control is our software mixer designed primarily for ease of use in quickly setting up both simple and complex monitoring and routing configurations, together with the ability to control your preamps remotely.
The Sound Of Red Across Your Mix
Every Red interface comes with our Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and compression plug-ins. AAX/AU/VST-compatible, these plug-ins faithfully reproduce the sonic qualities of the original hardware, allowing you to take advantage of the classic Red sound – the sound of professional recording studios all over the world – across your entire mix.The Focusrite Studio Console Reborn In Your DAWThe Focusrite Studio Console defined countless hits of the 80s and 90s, thanks in large part to its ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules. Brainworx's bx_console Focusrite plug-in brings you stunningly accurate emulations of both in a single plug-in, perfectly capturing the famously warm, open sound of two of the most revered pieces of studio hardware ever made.
Improve your sound with studio quality vocals, powerful guitars, rich keys and huge drums, then mix and master with iconic Focusrite studio hardware — all in the box. Every new Red interface comes with an unbeatable range of tried-and-tested studio tools from some of the biggest names in the business.
Hitmaker Expansion — available with every newly registered Red interface — is built to get you mixing and mastering release-ready music immediately. These are all the plug-ins you need to take your studio-quality tracks to the next level and achieve professional results.
- Connect to Pro Tools | HD, Thunderbolt computers and Dante simultaneously without option cards
- High-performance audio conversion with over 118dB dynamic range A/D and 121dB dynamic range D/A (A-weighted)
- Ultra-low round trip latency to track through plug-ins and record virtual instruments in real time
- 16 line inputs on D-sub, coupled with 16 line outputs and two main monitor outputs
- Two digitally-controlled Red Evolution mic preamps with up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain, stereo linking, individual phantom power, high-pass filter and phase reverse
- Air mode on the preamps, giving recordings the clarity of a transformer-based ISA
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports as standard to connect additional Thunderbolt products
- Dual-port Dante card for more channels at higher sample rates
- Three LCD displays for highly accurate level metering
- RedNet Control software mixer for setting up monitoring and routing configurations, with remote control of preamps
- Two discrete high-fidelity headphone outputs
- Connect multiple digital sources using word clock I/O and loop-sync I/O
- Two instrument inputs on the front panel
- AAX/AU/VST-compatible Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and compression plug-ins
- Connectivity: 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports (Primary Port 1 and Primary Port 2)
- Simultaneous I/O: 64 x 64 (includes all I/O)
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Number of Preamps: 2x mic, 2x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
Inputs & Outputs
- Analog Inputs: 2x 1/4" (instrument), 2x DB-25 (line 16 ch), 2x XLR (mic)
- Analog Outputs: 2x DB-25 (line 16 ch), 2x 1/4" (monitor out)
- Digital Inputs: 2x Optical (ADAT), 1x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Digital Outputs: 2x Optical (ADAT), 1x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Headphones: 2x 1/4"
- Thunderbolt: 2x Thunderbolt 3
- Data I/O: 2x Ethernet (Dante)
- Network: Dante
- Other I/O: 2x DigiLink
- Clock I/O: In/Out (word clock), In/Out (loop sync)
- Rack Spaces: 1U
- Height: 1.73"
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 13.39"