Focal Solo6 ST6 6.5-Inch Active Powered Studio Monitor Speaker
Made in France, Solo6 is a 2-way monitor offering unrivalled transparency, definition control, dynamics and soundstage precision.
Thanks to its full-range Focus Mode, Solo6 forms two monitors in one, preserving the sweet spot during the mix, saving space on the console and simplifying cabling and monitor changes.
In terms of technologies and performance, Solo6 boasts an inverted dome Beryllium tweeter with an ‘M’-shaped protective grille, and a woofer with a ‘W’-shaped cone, as well as a frequency range of up to 10 kHz, specially designed for the Focus Mode. All this on top of Focal’s patented Tuned Mass Damper (TMD) technology, which reduces distortion in the 1kHz – 3kHz frequency range by 50%, as well as a high-pass crossover, a disengageable automatic standby mode and a 160Hz crossover for reflections from consoles – making Solo6 an industry-leading monitor.
Finally, to enjoy immersive listening experiences with Dolby Atmos® and Sony 360RA® installations, Solo6 includes inserts for attaching it to the wall and ceiling.
Composite ‘W’ sandwich cone
The ‘W’ composite cone is made in France by Focal and allows the frequency response curve to be perfectly optimised. This cone’s unique characteristics of lightness and rigidity control the signal transmission speed within the material. The modulation of the structural foam’s thickness provides very precise control of the cone’s damping quality. When you’re listening, it creates total sound transparency, a very low distortion rate and an excellent phase response.
The Focus Mode enables the loudspeaker to be converted into a one-way full-range monitor, providing a different speaker driver configuration accessed by simply pressing a pedal – as though there were a second pair of studio monitors with a reduced dynamic allowing the mix adaptability to be checked on smaller systems.
Solo6 and Twin6 include a variable high-pass crossover and a 160Hz parametric crossover to reduce reflections caused by the console or desk. These monitors are also equipped with a high-pass crossover and a disengageable automatic standby mode, accessible via a switch and offering a simple and essential option for controlling the loudspeaker.
The design of the cabinets in the ST6 line uses a thick and robust material, allowing ever greater rigidity and damping to be achieved, with fewer vibrations and therefore less distortion.
- Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directionality, excellent linearity and dynamics
- Optimised baffle tweeter: excellent dispersion control
- Composite sandwich ‘W’-cone: sound neutrality, no distortion
- Focus mode: two monitors in one; 2-way monitor and 1-way full-range monitor (woofer alone)
- Large laminar port: no port noises or distortion
- Inserts for wall fastening
- Automatic disengageable stand-by mode
- Settings: activatable/deactivatable, LF shelving, HF shelving, LPF @ 160Hz
- Type: 2-way monitor
- Frequency response (@ -3dB): 45Hz - 40kHz
- User controls:
- Sensitivity, stand-by HPF,
- LF Shelv, LMF EQ, HF Shelv
- Low cut-off frequency(@ -6dB): 40Hz
- ~100-120V, T2.5AL/250V
- ~220-240V, T1.25AL/250V
- Focus mode: 110Hz - 10kHz
- Bass: 6.5" (16.5cm) “W” cone
- Maximum SPL (Average CEA203450–10kHz free field @ 1m): 110dB
- Treble: 1.5" (38mm) Beryllium
- Shielding: no
- Focus mode (Average CEA2034 100–10kHz free field @ 1m): 109.5dB
- Construction: 7/8" (22mm) MDF
- Finish: Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
- Input: Balanced XLR 10 kΩ
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 131/8"x93/4x115/8" (33.4x24.6x29.5cm)
- Bass amplifier stage: 80W RMS
- Weight: 28.6lbs (13kg)
- Temperature range
- During use: 5-35°C
- In storage: 0-50°C
- Treble amplifier stage: 50W RMS
- Wall mounting
- K&M® 24471 fixing kit
- + K&M® 24359 adapter
- Nominal power supply
- ~100-120 VAC/220-240 VAC
- Ceiling mounting
- K&M® 24496 fixing kit
- K&M® 24491 fixing kit
- + K&M® 24359 adapter