Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Black
Feast your eyes on one of the coolest Signature Telecasters from Fender's Mexican Series - the Joe Strummer model! We've gotten a bunch of these here at the store, and we've loved every one.
Strummer is known for fronting the iconic band The Clash, and his signature axe is a straight-ahead rocker of a T that holds nothing back. The custom Road Worn finish looks simply wild, and the battle damage simulated on the body faithfully captures all of Strummer's iconic outings with the guitar over the years at an affordable price point.
The custom-voiced pickups on this beast have all the iconic 60's Tele twang and punk rock punch you need to bang out those classic riffs. 60's Tele pickups are known for having a bit more edge than their 50's counterparts, and we definitely think that's reflected on this model. The bridge pickup sounds absolutely incredible through an amp that's on the edge of breakup. Dig in with those power chords and you're in classic punk rock heaven!
Should it stay or should it go? Hopefully it goes... right into your collection!
As front man and main songwriter of legendary punk band, The Clash, Joe Strummer created a fiery, passion-filled brand of up-tempo punk-rock that catapulted the band into rock and roll history. Strummer’s rebellious musical sensibilities injected the band’s songs with the lightning-in-a-bottle political urgency of the era.
To capture the vibe of Joe’s well-worn ’66 model, the Joe Strummer Telecaster® features a Road Worn® lacquer-finished Alder body, a mid-‘60s “C”-shape maple neck with 7.25” radius Rosewood fingerboard and a set of custom-voiced Joe Strummer Telecaster® pickups. Other features include a vintage-style 6-saddle Telecaster® bridge, era-correct 3-ply parchment pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines and a custom neck plate, all featuring Fender’s Road Worn® finish to complete the look.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Joe Strummer Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Joe Strummer Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele®
- Hardware Finish: Aged Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style, Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs
- Serial #: MX22248553
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Joe Strummer Telecaster is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.