Fender Gold Foil Jazz Bass, Ebony Fingerboard, Sonic Blue
Inspired by the garage rock bands of the sixties and the cult classic guitars they played, the Gold Foil Collection combines timeless Fender® designs with the dazzling style of a bygone era.
The Gold Foil Jazz Bass® features an alder body, mid '60s C"-shaped maple neck with bound ebony fingerboard and a Gold Foil single-coil for full, punchy tone that complements the exceptional good looks. Other features include a matching painted headstock, ‘lollipop’ tuning machines and 20 Medium Jumbo frets.
Long on looks and aces in the tone department, the Fender Gold Foil Collection combines the enduring charm of midcentury mail-order guitars with the style and playability of an authentic Fender.
- Alder Body
- Ebony Fingerboard with White Pearloid Dots And Neck Binding
- Matching Painted Headstock
- ‘60s “C” Maple Neck With 9.5” Radius Fingerboard
- Fender Gold Foil Single-Coil
- Vintage-Style Hardware
A classic Fender tone wood, alder has a well-balanced tone with beefy mids and a robust low-end.
EBONY FINGERBOARD WITH WHITE PEARLOID DOTS AND NECK BINDING
A select ebony fingerboard, renowned for its luxurious playing feel and elegant appearance, ensures smooth performance while white pearloid dot inlays and 1-ply white binding add a welcome splash of style.
MATCHING PAINTED HEADSTOCK
An upscale appointment and classic ‘60s Fender design cue, the matching headstock ties everything together for a clean and elegant look.
‘60S “C” MAPLE NECK WITH 9.5” RADIUS FINGERBOARD
Remarkably comfortable, the "Mid '60s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a vintage-style playing feel while the 9.5”-radius fingerboard and medium-jumbo frets provide modern playability.
FENDER GOLD FOIL SINGLE-COIL
This Fender Gold Foil Single-Coil delivers iconic visual flair and distinctive mid-range bite and is inspired by the dazzling aesthetics of those cult-classic pickups treasured by blues, rock and indie musicians alike.
For instantly recognizable vintage feel and tone, this J-Bass® features a 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and vintage-style “lollipop” tuners
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls Volume: 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Matched Headcap
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size Medium: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Gig Bag
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Gold Foil Jazz Bass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.