Fender Custom Shop LTD 1965 Dual-Mag Stratocaster Journeyman Relic Guitar, Aged Ice Blue Metallic
More about Limited 1965 Dual-Mag Strat® Journeyman Relic® with Closet Classic Hardware
New for 2023, the Fender Custom Shop introduces the Limited ’65 Dual-Mag Strat Journeyman Relic with Closet Classic Hardware—a stunning beauty from bridge to headstock, with special pickups and wiring, gold hardware, a three-ply black pickguard, mother of pearl fingerboard dot inlays and more. Most notably, it wears a beautiful Journeyman Relic finish in Aged Inca Silver, Aged Blue Ice Metallic, Aged Sage Green Metallic and Faded Aged Charcoal Frost Metallic. This finish imparts the look of moderate playing wear, with a fine network of finish checking on the two-piece select alder body and quartersawn maple neck with ’65-style “C” profile, plus a handful of “friendly” down-to-the-wood nicks and dings and Closet Classic hardware that’s only slightly oxidized.
All three Custom Shop hand-wound Dual Mag II pickups (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup for hum cancellation in switch positions 2 and 4) deliver high-output vintage Strat tone with enhanced string-to-string tonal balance. Vintage Modified #2 wiring routes the neck and middle pickups to a shared tone control, with the bottom tone control routed to the bridge pickup. Further, the Tone-Saver bleed circuit eliminates tonal loss when the volume control is turned down.
Other premium features include a 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard with 21 narrow tall (6105) frets and a bone nut, five-way pickup switch, Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, vintage-style tuners, wing string tree with nylon spacer, deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: Limited Edition 1965 Dual-Mag Stratocaster® Journeyman Relic® with Closet Classic Hardware, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aged Blue Ice Metallic
- Model Number: 9236081269
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Aged Blue Ice Metallic
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1965 Strat® ""C""
- Scale Length: 25.5"" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"" (42 mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster® Small
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop ""V"" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl, 0.28"" (7 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Dual-Mag II Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound RWRP Dual-Mag II Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Dual-Mag II Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume with Tone-Saver Treble-Bleed Circuit, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Plastic
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop LTD is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.