Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1959 Precision Bass Special Relic, Chocolate 3-Color Sunburst
More about Limited Edition 1959 Precision Bass® Special Relic®
New for 2023, the Fender Custom Shop introduces the Limited ’59 Precision Bass Special Relic. With a Precision Bass body and a thin, comfortable Jazz Bass® neck—a combination Fender offered in the early 1970s—it’s a truly functional hybrid of the best of both bass worlds. Here, the two-piece body is fashioned from select ash, while the quartersawn maple neck has a ’60s-style “U” profile.
That great combo applies under the hood too, with a punchy Custom Shop hand-wound ’57 Precision Bass middle pickup, a snarling hand-wound Vintage Jazz Bass bridge pickup, and independent volume controls for blending to perfect personal preference. This bass wears beautifully battered Natural Blonde, Chocolate Three-Color Sunburst, and Aged Black Relic lacquer finishes that impart an authentically worn-in look in which spidery finish checking and each ding, dent and scar from bridge to headstock tell a story of years of action in clubs and bars.
Other premium features include a flat-lam maple fingerboard with a 7.25” radius, 20 medium jumbo (6105) frets and a bone nut; volume-volume-tone wiring; gold anodized aluminum pickguard; Custom Shop HiMass RSD (Research Special Design) bridge for massive sound and sustain, vintage-style tuners, disc string tree, deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: Limited Edition 1959 Precision Bass® Special Relic®, Quartersawn Maple Neck, Chocolate 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 9236081263
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Chocolate 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960 Jazz Bass® ""U""
- Scale Length: 34"" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo (6150)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"" (38.1 mm)
- Headstock: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop ""V"" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Quartersawn Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Micarta, 0.25"" (6.35 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '57 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: PJ
- Bridge: RSD Designed HiMass™
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop Limited Edition 1959 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.