Fender Custom Shop '66 Strat Deluxe Closet Classic Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Aged Lake Placid Blue
More about '66 Strat Deluxe Closet Classic
1966 was the first full year of the larger headstock on the Stratocaster—a significant enlargement that notably changed the look of the guitar and, many believe, enhanced its resonance. Under new CBS ownership since the previous year, Fender production was still top notch, and the company was still producing highly sought-after, high-quality instruments. The Custom Shop 1966 Strat Deluxe Closet Classic re-creates the sought after large-headstock Strat in detail, with the perfect customizations for players and aficionados alike. The two-piece select alder body wears a polished but slightly aged Deluxe Closet Classic lacquer finish, while the quartersawn maple neck has a ’66 “oval C” profile, 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and 21 medium jumbo (6150) frets for classic comfortable play.
Custom Shop hand-wound ’65 Strat gray-bottom pickups (with reverse-wound/reverse polarity middle pickup) deliver thick tone, with Vintage Modified #2 wiring with Tone-Saver bleed circuitry and five-way switching, all on a three-ply parchment pickguard. Other features include a Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with nylon spacer. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: '66 Strat® Deluxe Closet Classic, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aged Lake Placid Blue
- Model Number: 9235001583
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Aged Lake Placid Blue
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1966 Oval ""C""
- Scale Length: 25.5"" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo (6150)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"" (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Lam Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65 Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65 RWRP Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop '66 Strat Deluxe Closet Classic is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.