Fender Custom Shop '58 P Bass Heavy Relic, Maple Neck, Aged Black
More about '58 P Bass® Heavy Relic®
By 1958, changes implemented the previous year to the new-and-improved Precision Bass® as we know it today had fully taken hold. This period saw the debut of the Three-color Sunburst finish, the Strat-style headstock, the one-piece gold anodized aluminum pickguard, the split-coil pickup and the top-mount bridge (rather than through-body) with individual threaded steel saddles for better intonation and height adjustment. The ’58 Precision Bass Journeyman Relic recreates this historic bass as only the Fender Custom Shop can, with a few subtle custom appointments to enhance the playing experience. A two-piece select alder body wears a Heavy Relic lacquer finish like a road warrior that has weathered many a stage. The one-piece quartersawn maple neck features a 1957-style “soft V” profile, 9.5” fingerboard radius and 20 narrow tall (6105) frets.
A Custom Shop hand-wound ’57 Precision Bass pickup yields perfect vintage low-end thump, with master volume and tone controls and vintage wiring. Other features include a single-ply gold anodized pickguard, vintage-style bass bridge with threaded steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and disk string tree. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name:'58 P Bass Heavy Relic®, Maple Neck, Aged Black
- Model Number: 9235001584
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Aged Black
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1957 Soft ""V""
- Scale Length: 34"" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"" (44.45 mm)
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '57 Precision Bass®
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: N/A
- Pickup Configuration: H
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This '58 P Bass Heavy Relic is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.