Fender Custom Shop 1968 Stratocaster DLX Closet Classic Guitar, Maple Board, Aged Blue Ice Metallic
More about 1968 Stratocaster® DLX Closet Classic
New for 2023, the Fender Custom Shop introduces the ’68 Stratocaster Deluxe Closet Classic Maple. 55 years after its namesake predecessor, the instrument is loaded with lightly aged looks, sound and vibe that expertly evoke the Stratocaster in the late 1960s.
Its two-piece select alder body wears Deluxe Closet Classic lacquer finishes in Three-Color Sunburst, Aged Vintage White, Aged Blue Ice Metallic and Aged Teal Green Metallic. This finely aged finish treatment imparts the look of a guitar owned with pride, well cared for and religiously polished over many years. Moderate finish checking and hardware oxidization, along with mild parts discoloration, combine into the distinct look and feel of an instrument that has evolved into something complex and refined, like a fine wine.
The flat-sawn maple neck has a ’68-’69-style “U” profile with a slightly thicker in-hand feel, topped by a round-lam maple fingerboard with a 9.5” radius, 21 narrow tall (6105) frets, bone nut and a period-correct polyurethane finish. Three Custom Shop hand-wound ’69 Underwound Stratocaster pickups deliver clear, airy tone with expressively sensitive dynamics, along with ’68-’69 vintage Strat® wiring and five-way switching.
Other premium features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, Schaller® “F” tuners, wing string tree with nylon spacer, deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: 1968 Stratocaster® DLX Closet Classic, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Blue Ice Metallic
- Model Number: 9236081229
- Series: Time Machine™
- Color: Aged Blue Ice Metallic
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Plain-Grain Maple
- Neck Shape: 1969 ""U""
- Scale Length: 25.5"" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"" (42 mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster® Large
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop ""V"" Logo
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Round-Lam Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Micarta, 0.28"" (7 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Under-Wound '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Under-Wound '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Under-Wound '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Schaller® ""F""
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Plastic
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop 1968 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.