Fender Custom Shop 1963 Jazz Bass Journeyman Relic, Rosewood Fretboard, Faded Aged Sonic Blue
More about 1963 Jazz Bass® Journeyman Relic®
New for 2023, the Fender Custom Shop introduces the ’63 Jazz Bass Journeyman Relic. Exactly 60 years after its groundbreaking (and ground shaking) predecessor, the instrument is loaded with looks, sound and vibe that expertly evoke the Jazz Bass in one of its earliest incarnations.
The sleek two-piece select alder body wears Journeyman Relic lacquer finishes in Aged Fiesta Red, Aged Aztec Gold and Faded Aged Sonic Blue. This special treatment imparts the look of a bass that has changed hands or been handed down over the years, mostly played around the house and the occasional jam session or weekend gig. This generally well-cared-for look includes light finish checking, several “friendly” down-to-the-wood nicks and dings, some dulling of the hardware, and general moderate playing wear. The look of a very lucky find, in short.
The quartersawn maple neck has a ’60s-style “U” profile, topped by a 7.25”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium vintage (47095) frets and a bone nut. Beneath those cool early-’60s-era chrome covers sit two Custom Shop hand-wound Vintage Jazz Bass pickups that deliver prominent and tight low-end and guttural midrange growl.
Other premium features include vintage volume-volume-tone wiring, three-ply mint green pickguard, four-saddle vintage-style bridge with chrome cover, vintage-style tuners, disc string tree, deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: 1963 Jazz Bass® Journeyman Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded Aged Sonic Blue
- Model Number: 9236081241
- Series: Time Machine™
- Color: Faded Aged Sonic Blue
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960 Jazz Bass® ""U""
- Scale Length: 34"" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Jescar Medium Vintage (47095)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"" (38.1 mm)
- Headstock: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop ""V"" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop 1963 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.