Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fretboard, Olympic White
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
When Don Randall at Fender Sales requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model, the now iconic Jazz Bass® was the result. The neck was narrower at the nut, providing a faster and more effortless feel and the sleek new body style mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster®. By 1966, evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable “U” shape hard rock maple neck, and it plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this J-Bass® is offered with white neck binding, pearl dots, two volume controls with master tone, matching painted headstock and 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard. The 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style “lollipop” tuners and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazz Bass pickups deliver classic thump and style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: Olympic White
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1966 ""U""
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"" (38.1 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage ‘Lollipop’
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized with ""F"" Logo
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Vintage II 1966 Jazz is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.