Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fretboard, 3-Color Sunburst
As proud Fender dealers, we're stoked to present this gorgeous '66 Jazz Bass reissue in 3-Color Sunburst from the new American Vintage II line! The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and basses and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
This bass looks awesome - 3-Color Sunburst is the quintessential '60s Fender look, and it exudes pure class with a tortoise pickguard against the bound round-lam rosewood fingerboard.
The 1966 "U" neck shape makes laying down the funkiest of grooves easy, and the 7.25" vintage radius remains a comfortable configuration since its inception, and the Pure Vintage '66 pickups are are warm, full, and nicely balanced in the low mids. This bass both plays and sounds simply fantastic.
When Don Randall at Fender Sales requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model, the now iconic Jazz Bass® was the result. The neck was narrower at the nut, providing a faster and more effortless feel and the sleek new body style mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster®. By 1966, evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable “U” shape hard rock maple neck, and it plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this J-Bass® is offered with white neck binding, pearl dots, two volume controls with master tone, and 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard. The 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style “lollipop” tuners and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazz Bass pickups deliver classic thump and style.
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1966 "U"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage ‘Lollipop’
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized with "F" Logo
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Instrument Weight: 9.7 lbs
- Serial #: V2212961
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.