Fender American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass, Rosewood Fretboard, 3-Color Sunburst
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The late ‘50s to the early ‘60s was a watershed period in the development of the Precision Bass®, a time of transition that would see the introduction of many new appointments that would become synonymous with the P-Bass®. By 1960, the design of the P-bass had eclipsed the earlier cues culled from the Telecaster® - now the P-bass had a Strat®-style headstock shape, comfort-contours, pickguard mounted electronics and 4-saddle bridge. Adorned in 3-Color Sunburst and topped with a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, the 1960 Precision Bass represented a more refined, enduring aesthetic for the model.
Featuring a premium alder body, Pure Vintage ‘60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup and a substantial “C” shape hard rock maple neck mated with a 7.25” radius slab rosewood fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1960 ""C""
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Side Dots: Vintage Clay
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.70"" (43.2 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil Precision®
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: None
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Vintage II 1960 Precision is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.